I Think in Pictures, You Teach in Words - The Gifted Visual Spatial Learner

http://talentdevelop.com/articles/ITIPYTIW.html

I think my grandson is a Visual Spatial Learner so I think I need to adjust how many times I show him something. I thought he was bored with learning but I notice if I play something he does not know he comes running. I think I was showing him the same thing too much. The article is very interesting.

Great article. It seems like the approach to teaching a Visual Spatial Learner should be different from the norm. How are you planning to tailor the way you teach your grandson to enhance his abilities?

Thanks for this article. It fits my son. He was going to live with his dad at the end of the year, but perhaps he might consider a homeschooling shared care arrangement involving different teaching approaches, as traditional school styles havent been working well and for a gifted child he isnt performing to his abilities. Neither is my older daughter. In grade 6, she would get 100% or close to for Japanese tests and assignments, but this year, E. Why? Because they are learning exactly the same as they did last year (because new students start Year 7, who havent previously studied Japanese, so they start from the start again in Year 7). So she refuses to do the same assignment again, or study for tests, or make any effort on them. Her logic is…I showed you I know this stuff Last Year. Give me new stuff or I’m on strike!! It’s boring this year. It was interesting the first time around. I wish she’d agree to homeschooling, but she’s at the age where the law supports her right to choose her path.