I have to go back to work - the method still works?

Hello!

I started the Doman-reading program with my little daughter 2 weeks ago. She is now 4.5 months old. Unfortunately I have to go back to work :frowning: in 10 days. So I can only continue the program with little daugther in the evenings.

What do you think? Is it still possible to teach her to read? I mean, I surely won’t have time to repeat everthing 9 times a day

Thanks for your opinions!!

Little Reader with curriculum definetly will be the best option in your situation, it is designed so you can do it twice or even just once a day and you do not need to spend the time to prepare the lessons. I think it is definetly possible, just have fun and do what you can! :slight_smile:

Thanks! Can you please tell me, what “Little Reader with curriculum” exactly is? Where do I find information about it? (sorry, I’m a beginner). I live in Germany, so I need the words in german.

Hi Lolobride,

You can get more info here: http://www.brillkids.com/teach-reading/index.php

Take a free trial to check it out!

Skylark - thanks for the plug! (K2U!) :smiley:

Some of the powerpoints/LR are in German, but not all of them.

It is possible to do the program and work/attend school, etc. Just remember that progress will be slower, way slower.

Do what you can do. Every bit helps
 and is fun!

I had to work with babies #1, 4, 5, 6, and will still be working with #7.

Only 2 and 3 had me full time during toddlerhood and I think that was God’s doing because #2 (Joseph) had to deal with severe autism (that, thank God for Glenn Doman, is now nothing more than a bit of “quirkiness” with an intense love of mathematics!)

All of my children have benefitted from whatever level of program I was able to do with them, and I look forward to continuing with the new little one who should be here within the next few weeks at the rate he is growing!

Thank you for the answers. I have a question to the LR. I downloaded the Lite version to start with. Now I wonder, if it works the same way than with cards (in Domans book). Do I show 5 times 5 online “cards” per day?

I show presentations made in LR or powerpoint at least three times daily.

So for instance:

08:00: Presentation 1
08:30: Presentation 2
09:00: Presentation 3
09:30: Presentation 4
10:00: Presentation 5
10:30: Presentation 1
11:00: Presentation 2
11:30: Presentation 3
12:00: Presentation 4
12:30: Presentation 5
13:00: Presentation 1
13:30: Presentation 2
14:00: Presentation 3
14:30: Presentaiton 4
15:00: Presentation 5
etc.

You’re the woman mommy_rn!

Purplefungi - I am in awe of your schedule! I was trying to get my head around how to show the 5 sets of words 3 times a day, especially when your child is older (as Doman says that when they’re 3-4 months they can devour sets of words but when they’re older they have other interests which compete with showing flash cards). It’s a little hard to do that program when you’re going back to work 
 and also hard to ask caregivers to commit to the program (or get them to commit to it and then subsequently discover that they aren’t sticking with it - probably a worse scenario).

Is it better to show less sets of words but 3 times a day per set, or more sets less frequently??

Do you show the words on weekends too?

I would probably say less sets more frequently. Intensity is the key! :slight_smile:

To fit in more presentations, the schedule gets even tighter, and presentations would have to be shown like every ten minutes or five minutes. This gets exhausting, though.

I can’t show words on the weekends because that is when I work (Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays). I practically live at the hospital (only go home to sleep). This is definitely not ideal, but this is what I have to do to eat. :slight_smile: Also, depending on my school schedule, there is a cut off time in the evening when I’m not home. Maybe this is good in the way, because it gives my boys some down time. :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks!!

Still have one more question. Doman writes in his book, that one session (1 set) is shown, then minimum 15 minute pause has to be done, then 1 set again. I read here several times, that one can also show 3 sets together. Does this also work?

And my daughter often looks away, when I show her cards with LR. Should I repeat those cards?

Doman says to stop before the baby wants to stop or gets fussy. We usually show multiple presentations at time especially in the morning (meaning we will go over math, reading, and a couple EK sets). It’s best to keep everything separate, but that’s not always practical.

I’ve read about different minimum times between presentations, however, if you look at how many times you would have to show a small child all the different bits for reading, math, EK, foreign language bits, and etc., you would literally have to be showing bits pretty frequently. Yikes! :slight_smile:

If I feel like one of my boys completely ignored (I try to teach both at the same time) I will repeat slides/bits.

Hi moms,

I am a newcomer and I am from Vietnam, an Asian country. :happy:
My baby now is 8 months old.
I am reading the book “how to multiply your baby’s intelligences” and wish to apply Prof. Doman’s methods.
But i’m still confused about the frequency of the teaching. Because i have to go to work from 8am to 6pm. my baby is taken care by my mother at home.
How do i schedule to teach my baby.
and because my materials for teaching have to be in Vietnamese, and no little reader software here.
Experient moms, pls help me. :happy:

Thank you very much (xin cĂĄÂșÂŁm Æ¡n)