Huge collection of free downloadable math texts

Okay, so first off let me say that this is not MY list! I have copied it from a post in the WTM’S forum, but am encluding the whole list here because I don’t want anyone to miss it! It is a list compiled by a regular WTM’S contributor called Arcadia, so offer up your virtual thanks for all her hard work!!!

For all you Saxon fans, don’t miss the Saxon Algebra Text :slight_smile:

Alex really likes to play around with some of the Pizzazz puzzles…

This is a work in progress Hopefully it helps others planning for summer.

Pizzazz Algebra PDF
Punchline Bridge to Algebra PDF
Middle School Math with Pizzazz A PDF
Middle School Math with Pizzazz B PDF
Middle School Math with Pizzazz C PDF
Middle School Math with Pizzazz D PDF
Middle School Math with Pizzazz E PDF
Pre-Algebra with Pizzazz PDF
Algebra Demystified PDF

Glencoe Pre-Algebra in PDF
Glencoe Algebra 1 textbook here.
Glencoe (McGraw Hill) Algebra 1 workbooks page
Glencoe Algebra 2 workbooks page
For the Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry California edition textbooks, try this link For the curriculum/pacing guide, use this link
Glencoe math worksheets Alabama edition (K - Calc)
Glencoe math workbooks California edition (6th - Algebra2)

Holt PreCalculus
Holt Algebra Readiness California Edition (with answers)

Space Math @ NASA, grades 6 to 12. http://spacemath.gsf…gov/books.html
Booklet 1, “Far Out Math!”
Booklet 2, “Scale the Universe”
Booklet 3, “Pi in the Sky”
Solar System Math and Moon Math link

AMSCO Integrated Algebra 1 http://www.vcsd.k12…bra Text r1.pdf
AMSCO Algebra 2 and Trigonometry and answer key
AMSCO Geometry

Saxon Algebra 1 student book page
Saxon Course 2 textbook link
Saxon Course 3 textbook link

Math Mammoth Fractions 2
Math Mammoth Fractions and Decimals 3

LOF Fractions worksheet

Sunshine Math K to 8 worksheets & answers
MathMovesU worksheets

Larson PreCalculus

Introduction to Number Theory with application to middle school math http://homepages.mat…67_complete.pdf
Edited by Arcadia, 26 April 2013 - 02:55 AM.

Hhhmm…it looks like some of the link wonk copy, so just in case, here is a link to the WTM’S thread with the original list:
http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/465758-math-workbooks-links-compilation/

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing, this is a lovely list :slight_smile:

It took me a few days to look through this but wow! What a collection.
I am curious to compare the Saxon resourses with the actual Saxon algebra book. They student pages in this link look to be the actual book! Someone with the books please check for me PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE! I really do want them all in digital format so my kids can share them easily. Saves me chopping books up :biggrin:
Keri as usually a wonderful contribution to the forum. Karma to you :biggrin:

I just picked up Saxon Algebra 1 second edition book for …woot, woot…5 bucks so I will check it out for you.

Right off the bat, they do not appear to be the same. The format of the book is completely different. The problems are different. It appears to be more explanations in the second edition than the online edition. I am not well versed in saxon. I just remember that some thought the newer ones were not as excellent as the older versions. The link appears to be for a newer version of the Saxon Algebra 1 book.

In the second edition Saxon Algebra 1 book, the lesson sequence is as follows for the first 8 lessons:

Lesson A addition and subtractions of fractions/lines and segments
Lesson B geometry review-perimeter-area
Lesson C geometric shapes-volume-degre measure

Lesson 1 Real numbers/numberline-multiplication/division of fractions-unit multipliers
Lesson 2 Sets-surface area
Lesson 3 Absolute volue-addition the number line
Lesson 4 Rules for addition -definition of subtraction
lesson 5 opposites and multiple signs
lesson 6 rules for multiplication of signed numbers
lesson 7 inverse operations-rules for multiplicatio and division
lesson 8 division by zero-exchange of factors in multiplication-conversions of area and volume

Its not the same order as the first ten lessons in the online link.

If you need more info just let me know.

Thankyou! karma to you for checking for me :slight_smile: Ahha! I get it. These links are for the NEW versions of Saxon ( which ironically are for sale now!) they are for grades 7,8,9 and then algebra.
I realised the format didn’t match my books but was wondering how much the format changed after 8/7, which is the highest one I have so far.
So basically if you think you might want to use the modern version of the books follow this link and download them now ( before they disappear like the other ones did!) they would make a great backup plan if you couldn’t get your hands on one of the other books.
I am still going to get the old algebra 1/2 books. But I think it could be possible to use the 1,2 and 3 books instead of the 5/4,6/5,7/6,8/7 books. Especially if this isn’t the only math your kids will be doing. ( mine go to school remember.) it would shorten the time it takes to complete them. Potentially good for children on this forum who are very strong in math before they even get to 5/4. Just an idea. I already have those books so it won’t help me much unless I crack it and go completely digital!
There is truly plenty in the link to keep your kids busy math wise!

Wow! Well done! :biggrin:
I have been looking for math sheet like this for a long time… DD is a big fan of math. We are now using beestar for math. But there are only two texts per week and it’s no enough obviously. This is helpful!
Lisa

I found these videos to teach math

https://rhu040.sma-promail.com/v5fmsnet/OeCart/OeFrame.asp?PmSess1=130391&SXREF=2&CurPath=1

Awesome, so many great materials all in one place. Thanks for sharing!!