How to teach with the picture dictionaries done by Glenn Doman's Institute

Hi to everybody !

I have purchased two of the picture dictionaries done by Glen Doman’s Intitute but I did not find any comment inside about how to use them. Of course, it is explained how the software works, but not how often the dictionaries should be used, how many words should be taught in a session and so on ?
Could anyone provide any help or tell his/her experience ? Thank you !!!

Napa

I’d love to know too. hope you get a reply :slight_smile:

I have a few volumes of the dictionaries. I would show as many categories as my child was interested in looking at every day, if possible. You can do it just like flash cards. SHow them 2-3 times a day up to 20 times.

Thank you Krista !
Did your kids enyoy them? (mine is only 5 weeks old and I will start with the Dictionaries in one or two months). Did you notice if they did learn with them ? Did you alway show the 20 times with the same language or did you play the same categories but with different languages?

Thank you again,

NaPa

I also purchased a few of them when my daughter was born. I found that initially the words were too small for her to read on my computer - and I had a lot of difficulty getting it to play on my bigger TV. Now that she is a little older and can see the computer screen well I would love to play them for her again - but I can’t find what I did with them! If I ever locate them again, my plan is to play a few sets 2 times per day for 2 or 3 days, then move on to another set. Once we get through all the sets in English, then I would move onto the next language.

Thnak you for your ideas laughingwater !

I think they are very nice and I would play up to 5 sets, if they were interested, in one language per session.

Anyone else have some ideas about structured approach to showing these? Does the Institute has some suggestions about using them, or is there anything written in the books? I would be very curious to know. The reason is that I also have set of very good quality picture dictionaries that are done in the same manner, but in Russian ( total of 200 presentations!) and I was wondering if Glenn Doman Institute suggests any special approach to teaching these ( apart from just showing them one after the other…) Any ideas?

Another question along the same lines. I have very good presentations of famous paintings, artist by artist. What would you suggest how many times should I show each one, how many at a time, how often I should add new and retreve the old… Thank you in advance for some ideas…

Are these Russian presentations of yours compatible with Little Reader, are they PPT decks, or are they on paper?

Would love to see them.

Some are power point, and some are in a programm shell made for them. They are from educational products by “Umnica” company in Russia… Done by GD recommendations. I would rather have them in LR ( it is easier to make changes that I like…)