how to teach other languages?

Hi all,
How do u teach other languages?
According to glenn doman, teaching english requires 25 cards in total to be flashed 3 times a day (5 sets of 5cards each 3 session). So in this case, how many other languages can be included?? if we teach other language,then should it be like 25cards a day again? If so, how many languages in total can be taught? Though the research says a child can read upto 21 languages ( i heard so), how is possible for we parents to make the child learn that many languages?

vanichezhiyan,
I saw the youtube video of a 4 years old girl who was speaking 11 languages. Amazing!! I’m not sure how she was exposed to all of them, I guess I should asked in comments section, but that was long time ago and I wasn’t so interested at that time.

I guess if you would like to present Doman method to teach other languages you would need to create all these flashcards and show them to a baby. But how someone can do that without knowledge of the language? I think in that case someone need to look into other sources of materials like dvd’s, music, teacher, programs like BrillKids, online flashcards.

I’ve started a journey to teach my baby Eaton different languages:Chinese, Japanese. Please check my post: http://earlylearning-eaton.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-teach-toddler-foreign-language.html

So I’ve started with English: BrillKids
Polish:purchased flashcards
Spanish: educational DVD’s, BrillKids lessons, simple books I can read and flashcards, now I also use some Montessori Print Shop cards, but most of these words Eaton know already.
Chinese: see my post: DVD’s, songs, teacher, BrillKids (not effective with my baby)
Japanese: educational dvd’s
Russian: lessons from BrillKids, plan to translate and make some flashcards as I know that language a little bit.

I try to use all materials available on the market. Sometimes I will not buy a dress for myself :slight_smile: but I will purchase some educational material for my baby. People are also very helpful with exchanging materials.

Have a great holiday!
Marta