How to teach 2 numbers

hi there,

can anyone share how to teach kid 2 numbers? i.e. 11, 12, 13… until 99?

Currently I have shown my baby flash cards on number 1 to 9, using DOTS and NUMERAL. Thank you!

Bumpz

Hope someone can share :slight_smile:

You could flash larger numbers.
Or create flashcards and play some games with them.http://www.printable-flash-cards.com/flash-cards/free-printable-number-flash-cards/ Maybe a memory match game for a young one.
You can also print out a 100’s chart and laminate it .http://math.about.com/library/100.pdf
My 4yr old likes to take a black marker and make x’s on the numbers. You could use pieces of cereal and candy too.
If your super creative and have lots of space you can make some nice sized arrows, write the numbers on them, and then laminate them ( to keep them nice). Hang them low enough your son can point and touch and make a big number arrow. Or some other shape if you wish.
The thing is being consistent, and practice every single day.
Those are some of the things that have worked in my house.

Hi ,this is niki u can count the no of cars on the road or any thing of the babys interest n introduce the no the dot card method doesnt catch the interest of the baby for a long time need to make more intrestin like count no of apples or bananas in a fruit shop ect

thanks

I started off teaching counting to twenty (rote memorization) then we counted items beyond 10 but still less than 20, we counted steps and anything else countable and finally I introduced numerals firstly just on random houses as the numbers were large and now we are doing a 100 chart where I give her a couple of numerals each day and she sticks them on the chart in order - we are at 40 so far.

3 ideas that I can share:

1. We are doing Jones genius and we received 1-100 posters. I designated a color to each numeral from 0-9 and completed coloring the whole chart up to 100- it seems this helps in pattern recognition and children can place numbers easily- got this idea from one of TMT’s posts. My son loves Monsters Inc movie, so I made a home made book with monster stickers- green monster has 1 eye, blue monster has 2 hands etc. So 1 is green, 2 is blue etc.

2. Got this from some website: Take an inexpensive clear vinyl shower curtain and write numbers on it with permanent marker- your child can then jump on the numbers (can make a number line)- useful if your child is very active.

3. Rightbrain kids website has some ‘touch cards’ which has numbers from 1-30…you will have to print and laminate it. I haven’t used this, just came across it recently. I have found that if the child learns numbers till 20 or 30 first, they pick up on the pattern easily after that and it doesn’t become overwhelming for them.

Hope that helps.