how to start

Hi!
I’m mum of 22.5 months old twin boys from croatia.
Since we used baby signs, they know most of the letters.

I see most of you use MBCR, but since we live in cro there is no any programs like that.

Can you give me tips what to do to make a good start?
What are the steps in learning 22month old to read?
What can i do alone?

Thank you!!!

You might find this a good place to start:

http://www.brillbaby.com/teach-baby/reading.php

Thank you. So it’s the same thing when starting with toddlers…?
The only thing I must find out how to do, is to keep them in one place for few minutes lol .

Could it be a problem that there is two of them?
Cause when I try something, now when they are bigger, most of the time they start tickeling one another and playing :clown: :clown: .

Is it neccecary to teach reading 1on1 or has it somebody done it with twins 1 on 2?

I mean, I’ll figure out something, but if somebody has exprience I would appreciate it.

Hi Listek,

I have a pair of twins about the same age as yours, one boy and one girl. I find it really challenging to do any activity with them as sometimes both of them want to cling on me at the same time, other times if I manage to sit one down the other will run away. I keep doing it anyway although I have given up several times before.

When I show them flashcards, I find the best time is when they’re feeding on their milk from a bottle. I’ll usually have a minute of so quiet and still concentration from them each time I feed them. I’ll begin by giving the girl her milk first as she drinks slightly slower compared to her brother. After I give the bottle to her brother I’ll quickly show 3 sets of flashcards ( comprising Glen D’s english, dot cards and the number cards) followed by the same with my daughter.

During other times when they’re active, I’ll use picture flashcards such as animals and the sound they make e.g. bird - tweet tweet… they usually sit down together when I do the picture flashcards. However lately they have been somewhat not very cooperative and start running away. So I stopped using the picture flashcards all together for the time being and plan to reintroduce them after a couple of weeks.

As for reading and other activities, I’ll do one activity with each child for a few minutes until completion of the tack and repeat the same with the other child immediately after taht. It’s kinda tiring but we still have to so it right?

How about you? How do you manage your twins?

Would love to hear your experience :}