How to start - new here

Hello everyone,

I would love to start with the flash cards and I am not sure how to start and I hope to find some help here :slight_smile:
my baby is very active with nearly 9 month and its not easy to catch his attention for 1 minute he is crowling around everywhere.
How are you getting interested your babys into flash cards? or are you showing them very fast and thats it?
are you just showing them the words or also the pictures? I am still wondering if my baby is confused if I show him first the word and then the picture or if its better to do it later. What are your experience?

Here in Germany there a no german packs or flash cards so I have to do my own but I havent started yet. I think it will take a lot of time :frowning:

Thanks a lot

I’m in the same boat as you - just starting out and not sure what I am doing! Have you tried the Little Reader trial? I just tried that and my little ones were very interested. If you are reading your own flash cards, just keep up lots of enthusiasm!

Welcome dianabln,

Just start very very small. Leave your cards lying around the house, when you’re playing and you have one at hand (specially when he’s in an very good mood) just show one card, leave it aside and continue playing. Be very patient, take it very slowly, it might take weeks, but he will show you when he’s getting more interested and then add more from there. Believe me, you’ll reach a point when you don’t have enough cards to show him and he’s asking for more and more.

:yes:

Nothing wrong with starting with only one card once a day. - Just my 2 cents.