how to show the flashcards- what do you say?

How do you say when you show the flascards?
Do you say “this means CAT”, “this means APPLE”
or just “CAT” “APPLE”?
It may be a silly question, but… :mellow:

The only silly question is the one you don’t ask :wink:
Simple and fast. Cat, apple, banana, goat…especially if you are doing word cards.
I suppose if you are doing picture cards for encyclopedic knowledge you could say “this is a cat” but the kids will get bored hearing it over and over, they just want the essential information fast (usually).
I wouldn’t use " this means" as it’s to ambiguous. Clear and consice is best in life :slight_smile:

Hi, I just say a word written on the card: “CAT”, “APPLE”, etc. I read about it in Doman’s book.

In “how to multiply your baby’s intelligence” Mr. Doman says
“…Now simply hold up the word mommy, just beyond his reach, and say
to him clearly, “This says ‘Mommy.’””
And for math “Simply hold up the “one” card just beyond his
reach and say to him clearly and enthusiastically, “This is one.””

Do you say “one” “two” “three” for math also? I started yesterday and i say “this is one”
but I don’t know if it is more clear or more boring…

When I was using Doman math cards I was saying: “One”, “Five”,etc. You have to say it and show the cards as quick as possible. Now I’m using LM. Here when a number of objects is shown, they voice says just that number such as “Five” for example and then the picture changes very quickly as well.

I read the same book, and it tell you to star uot doing it like that but as soon as you have been doing it for a coulple of days , yuo will only have to say the word or the number…

as flip as fast as possible . I flip my flash book instead of flash card. What I am using now is the folder pocket file with insert of flash card. I use the picture flash card in front and the I flip the following with the word flash card which is related to the picture.
That is a lot of flash card method. In fact, the detail of how to show your kid flash card is not stated in the shichida method and domain method. I have create my own method and on top of the shichida and doman method. you can refer to mt blog for reference http://littlemommy2012.blogspot.com/