How to revise stuff in Doman maths without boring your child?

Hi parents,
Could you kindly suggest ways to revise maths stuff your children learned without boring them in the Doman method? Here is what I’m doing after learning from this forum:

• Change the order of the dot cards randomly
  • Replace the dots with the stuff baby likes. So far I created the duck cards, flower cards, parrot cards, etc.

Are there any other suggestions? Many thanks!

I’ve had the same problem, and I’d love more ideas!

One thing I did was to create bead strings with different numbers of large beads. If you use a pattern, you can tell at a glance how many beads are on the string (I didn’t the first time, which was a problem) and then use the string for indentifying quantity instead of cards. (Look, 20 beads! If I add 32 beads, how many do I have? 52!) My daughter enjoyed playing with the physical objects and then I didn’t have to count out 52 little coins or whatever.

With smaller numbers, any objects your kid likes work well. Food: two raisins plus four raisins equals six raisins. We have plastic gold coins filling a pirate chest that my daughter loves to add and subtract.

For multiplication, one idea I had but never implemented was plastic flowers. Get five daisies, each with however many petals a perfect daisy has, and multiply petals and flowers. Get multiples of lots of different flowers and do different multiplication and division activities. I thought this would be really fun but never got around to it.

Some counting books work well; you can comment on how many strawberries or whatever there are on the page. Just don’t always go in order and it’s more Doman-style.

The bead string is a great idea, I’m envious of your creativity! Thanks so much for sharing! I hope other parents could share their methods also.

Doman method is very bored! yap… and I have combined with the shichida and montessori method. oh ya ! sometimes it would be help if you keep changing on the teaching method… as kid likes new teaching method…

Like my little bao bao… I always kaputt with her as she wants most everyday with new items… otherwise… hahaha… fed up with my teaching method lol

oh ya ! I have try to give 3 flash card method on my blog and i will write it more there… http://littlemommy2012.blogspot.com

please check and it might help you … and I will up date more…