how to overcome gastric problem?

this is 11th week of my pregnancy but look like 4 or 5 months now because of gastric. are there anything that i can do to overcome this problem? if you have any idea how to overcome with out medicine. doctor gave me zinetac but no change.

These suggestions may lessen the frequency and severity of your symptoms:

• Don’t eat big meals. Instead, eat several small meals throughout the day.

• Take your time and chew thoroughly. Don’t talk while you’re eating.

• Limit how much you drink during meals. You can make up for it during the rest of the day.

• Drink from a cup or glass — not from a bottle or through a straw — and don’t gulp your beverages.

• Avoid carbonated drinks.

• Sit up while you’re eating or drinking, even if you’re just having a small snack.

• Wear loose, comfortable clothing, and avoid any tightness around your waist and tummy.

• Don’t chew gum or suck on hard candies.

• Avoid anything sweetened with Sorbitol, an artificial sweetener.

• Exercise — even a brisk walk can help your sluggish digestive tract.

• Take care of constipation, as it can add to flatulence and a feeling of abdominal bloating.
The most effective way to reduce gas may be to cut back on the foods that are most likely to cause it. But if you eliminated everything that might cause gas, it would be hard to eat a balanced diet.

So start by cutting out the most common culprits, and if that gives you relief, begin adding those foods back into your diet one by one to try to pinpoint what’s causing the problem for you. Keeping a food diary can help you see the relationship between eating certain foods and having more gas.

The foods most likely to cause gas are beans, cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and asparagus. All contain the sugar raffinose, which causes gas for a lot of people. Other people have trouble with onions, pears, artichokes, and sodas and fruit drinks sweetened with fructose. Sodas and fruit drinks should be avoided anyway, as they are empty calories and the carbonation in sodas can contribute to bloating.

Certain starches — such as pasta and potatoes, but not rice — can cause gas for some people. And certain fiber-rich foods — such as oat bran, beans, and many kinds of fruit — cause gas because they’re normally broken down in the large intestine.

One exception is wheat bran, which passes through your digestive system without getting broken down. This makes wheat bran a winner if you have constipation and need more fiber but also suffer from flatulence.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_gas-during-pregnancy_247.bc

here is another theread for you
http://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/Pregnancy/gas-during-pregnancy

zaku’s suggestions r really good.

As per my knowledge gas during pregnancy is because of changes in hormones which slows down digestion and increases gas. In later stages growing uterus narrows the abdominal area and thus pushes your stomach making you feel gassy all the time. Follow few tips to ease the situation

Eat less food with fewer intervals.
Avoid talking while having food, so that you absorb less ai
Don’t drink water during meals. Drink 10 mins before or after having meals.

Check here for more tips http://www.momjunction.com/articles/remedies-bloating-pregnancy_0075362/

All very good ideas!

For me these 2 things helped: a good natural B-complex with lots of B12 and B1, and taking probiotics (yogurt bacteria capsules) through the pregnancies. This latter one is also great to prevent gas problems for baby - need to be taken at least the last 2 months of pregnancy.

Have a happy and healthy pG!

The two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and add it to a glass of warm water or room temperature water works very well! It taste like crap but if your hurting from gas like I was you’ll try anything! I only used about 4 to 6 ounces of room temperature water. Still it was almost instant. Within a couple of minutes I was starting to feel comfort and I started burping!