How to organize teaching schedule during the day?

Hi Fab Parents!

Totally inspired by all of you here. My daughter is 4 months old. I started her on the Doman - How Smart is your baby program about 1 month ago. She is fascinated by all the pictures and words and I try to follow his program as per his book. And I have to say it is one unrealistic schedule for me. You have to repeat stuff 10 times during a full day and my baby looks a little bored after about the 5th time. She is on our homemade make shift crawling track (this long drawer we had lying around). We have it inclined and she loves pushing herself down the mild incline. :slight_smile:

She also stands with both feet flat on the ground independently balancing herself while holding a support.I try to get her to play on her tummy as much as possible.

She loves looking at spoon, cup, banana (she got to taste, touch, smell, see the word and picture of banana). That was a fun activity for both of us. She also knows what elephant is. I make her see the picture, word, a short video of an elephant on youtube and play the sound of the elephant on soundfx.com.

So now, I am trying to figure out a routine such that I can maximize her most alert and playful times with learning.

Brillbaby seems less demanding in terms of time that I would engage in the teaching process. Also, allowing my little one to explore her world on her own. But I haven’t bought it yet. Still figuring it out.

I am trying to figure out some sort of order/routine that would best fit our lifestyle at home. I am a stay at home and as you can imagine, have lots of other household responsibilities, which have been coming 2nd. This is my first child and yup it has been rather overwhelming. So many things to do and so little time! :ohmy:

Feel free to share your experince teaching your kids and how you go about planning your day/week/month, etc. Thanks!

That IS a lot to do during the day. Even going through bits or ppts just once or twice a day would do great! My little guy and I take an even more relaxed approach than that. He’s a little bit older, I’m sure. We also tend to do things all in one blow. I know Doman requires 15 minute breaks, but we do A LOT back to back. It took a while to get to where we can do so much material, but he loves it! In fact, he gets mad if I try to pull the whole “We’ll do some more later” thing. I wait until he lets me know we’re done OR I run out of material for the day. Whichever comes first.

I find domans progamme too much. After starting the tweedlewink overview course I do 2 8 minute flashcard lessons a day (with proper flash cards) and LM and LR chinese twice a day. I believe that that is enough. The rest of the day should be tummy time and playing and reading books and the physical programme.

Also you know your dd the best if she is bored after 5 times, stop she may not need any more. All children are individuals and she has probably aleady learnt it and ready to move on. Trust your own instinct.

Kimba

Hi annisis, thanks for the advice!

Hi Kimba, thanks! love your blog! :biggrin:

I found the doman method very time consuming as well. LR and LM really made things a lot faster and more interesting. Just try to be consistent no matter what ur doing with ur little one.
It’s crazy when u break down all the things u are teaching ur child it can be overwhelming trying to fit it all in one day.
I’m a stay at home mom too and really take advantage of you tubes flash like capabilities. I have a Mac computer and make tons of teaching videos that I upload to YouTube to flash my son throughout the day. It’s awesome. I also group tons a videos into specific playlists and flash them 2x a day

Typical you tube categories in my utube
Abc, counting, shapes, colors, animals, weather, seasons, days of the week, states, continents , flags, esl they have great videos with words domain style. Parts of the body,
Every time I find a video I like I save it into one of the above playlists. You can find just about anything ur heart desires for teaching on you tube.

Keeps things, fast, fresh and free :slight_smile: