How to Manage Foreign Language Lessons

Hi,

I’d like to teach my baby Arabic as well. So, I’m downloading Arabic lessons (thanks to those sharing them) and importing them to LR. However, I wonder if there’s a facility to make something like English curriculum from them. I mean, the english lessons are arranged wisely so that some old words are repeated in new lessons. Is there a way to make such courses from foreign languages too?
I hope my Q is clear.

Yes, your question is very clear and I think many people are thinking the same thing (like me lol )

The new version of LR (Little Reader v3) will be releaces early this year. It will have a functionality to select the catagories you want to teach as a course and then automatically generate a course for you that will be similar to the Brill Kids courses, I’m guessing that it will rotate and reapeat as the days go by to aid memory. (Glenn Doman describes in his book that a good set has familiar and new elements, so then the child feels encouraged because there are things he knows well and feels intereted because there is something brand new too.)

You can go read about LRv3 here:
http://forum.brillkids.com/little-reader/little-reader-v3-0-look-what’s-coming-next!/

Personally, I’ve decided to translate the BK catagories to the two languages I want to teach additionally, and then wait for LRv3 to come out to build courses before I start with these translated catagories. I plan on spacing them out 3 months between each course, because I think it will make it harder for my child to learn the exact same word in 3 different languages at the same time.

All the best and good luck with Arabic, it sounds tough!

thank you for your comment :slight_smile:
I’ll be waiting for that