How to Learn Any Language...

We are all busy busy parents. For anyone interested in learning a foreign language (so we can be better teachers for our children probably), we need the most effective, efficient method because our time is precious. Here are some resources that have greatly influenced my ideas and goals about foreign language learning.

One is a book I got at the library and later purchased. It is by Barry Farber, a polyglot who knows something like 25 languages I think… almost exclusively self-taught. I think he learned to speak fluent Spanish in only 3 months or something. I’ve experienced a great improvement in my Dutch ability in a very short while (until I became pregnant and couldn’t keep my eyes open past 8pm!) It’s called “How to Learn Any Language”… by Barry Farber. Nice easy read… very motivating book.

There is a website that has articles and also a great forum called how-to-learn-any-language.com

Also, a website that many parents would really be interested in: multilingualchildren.org This website has a large open forum and also a lot of great articles that answer the questions parents have when raising bilingual/multilingual children… a very well-designed website and very informative.

Anyone interested in learning or improving a foreign language must read Barry Farber’s book. Get it from your library if you can, but it’s not very expensive and well worth the money. Parents raising bilingual/mutilingual children will find the answers to their questions at the multilingual children website. Enjoy!

Great, thank you for sharing! I will definetly be checking it out ( we are working on English, Chinese, Russian and Spanish :smiley: , so all the tips are greatly appreciated!)