How to keep baby busy?

Just wondering how you keep your baby busy when you need time to do chores etc…
My daughter usually does not play with activities i prepare for her, she wouldn’t play with the train set it prepare for her, but instead finds her own activity (not necessarily safe :slight_smile:

However, what i’ve been doing recently is put a little plastic bath with lots of bubbles and let her bath next to me with toys, for example in the kitchen if i do the dishes etc etc. (we have tiles everywhere) Yesterday this gave me 45 mn of free time.

Any tips?

Highchair in front of tv watching dvd or tv you approve of with a snack or meal

New things (toys/pans etc) and writing activities keep my son amused for ages…

i give crayons and papers most of the time,he loves to draw faces.this keeps him busy but sometimes new toys would work well

i don’t find it difficult for me to get time. we take just few seconds to tell her that i need some time for a task and she will be fine most of the time.

E is really busy with her life, as she had her own schedules

she enjoy building bricks, coloring, molding clay, watching Educational cds and playing games in starfalls, and many other activities. writing drawing and reading are also activities she enjoy alot but she need me with her when reading all the other activities she dont mind if i give a look.

she never disturbs me if im on a work or with friends. im really happy for E

Hypatia, my child is 3y so I don´t know if it can help you, so that, the interests change with the age. But in my house, when I have households to do, she helps me with them, if I have paper stuffs, she get drawing, using scissors, etc. Everything I do she does similar to it. I never take off my eyes from her. I am always beside her.

Thanks everyone. They change so quickly and what might have interested them weeks ago might not work… I remember from the time she was 6 mo that she would not play with toys. All she wanted to do was crawl, find objects to chew on, play with shoes etc… we’ve never had much toys in our house as I’ve noticed what Doman says about kids looking at a toy for about 90 seconds, analyzing it, then moving on to something else. It’s only quite recently she’s started playing with legos, blocks and the likes. Although she always been into putting small objects into bigger ones.
As far as chores she helps me with gardening (although she destroys everything i do :slight_smile: putting unbreakable items out of the dishwasher… sweeping and wiping with a cloth last for about 1 minute!

Containers with lids that screw on, snap on, etc to play with kept my son busy for a while.
I plan on using this site a lot. She has alot of ideas on her blog for keeping tots and tiny tots busy for hours :slight_smile:
http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.com/index.html

That site is really interesting - great link! How organised everyone seems to be!!!

I have a little one who is almost 12 months - I get most of my chores done during her naps! She’s quite a good daytime sleeper plus I’ve learned how to get things done really fast (and everything else gets left!)

But if she is awake and i’m trying to get stuff done, then I find that letting her empty things out of something (e.g. a safe drawer or a box full of bits and pieces) is one of her favourite activities. Not so good at putting them back in! She will play with some toys for a while but prefers to explore the room and find all the things we are trying to hide (remote controls, phones…!). I also find that having toys in different parts of the room helps keep her entertained - she likes to crawl around looking for them. And having them at different levels - e.g. she might prefer playing with something that is on a sofa whilst standing up, rather than having it on the floor.

I find this difficult also. My daughter is 14 months and she doesn’t let me study :stuck_out_tongue: She doesn’t at all play with her toys anymore cuz she si bored of them. If I am doing a chore, it is not as bad because I let her go in safe drawers, open the refirgerator - touch vegetables. And books - she loves oepning and turning pages that keeps her occupied for sometime.

I wish we could trade toys every week with other parents.

You can put toys in boxes and rotate them every week. By the time you take out a different box, it will be like new and will hold her attention for longer.

WE do that and it works great!

When I had just one baby it was a lot easier to get free time. Lol. When Dakota was a baby she really was never very happy just being alone not doing anything interesting. She always wanted to be doing something new. If at all possible do what needs to be done outside. She LOVED being outside. As I’m sure yours does. We bought a bubble maker last summer. That was a big hit. We also have a pool of balls, but a lot of people have those. I dunno, just different toys I guess. But they always get bored of them and need something new again. Lol