How to introduce EK into child's learning

Hi,

I have a few questions about EK

I plan to use LR to teach EK and I was just wondering how to do that. When I introduce EK how many catergories should I show in a day and should it be the same one.

For example lets say I want to teach about nature and for example I use Moon phases to start my teaching, Should I use the show the same catergory 3 times daily and then retire it or should I show it once daily for 5 days but show other catergories?

When you introduce EK should you choose one catergory eg NAture and Science and teach many subjects from that catergory eg Moon phases, Biomes, Life Cycles or should you mix it up and show 1 catergory of NAture and Science, 1 catergory of Art and 1 catergory of History?

Is there a best way?

Thanks for your help
Kimba

In the encyclopedic knowledge book they list 10 categories and then recommend you teach 5 bits in each of the 10 categories 3x a day for 5 days and then you can retire one each day and add a new one until you have covered the whole set. Then you add a new set in that category. You start off by showing bits and then once you have shown 1000 you start teaching the programs of intelligence. In my personal experience we have varied anywhere between having one set going at a time to all ten. It really depends on what you can fit into your schedule consistently.

This post may help. http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-encyclopedic-knowledge/question-about-flash-cards/msg2437/#msg2437