How to help nurturing a 16 month old in education?? *Videos of Baby Z

So Baby Z and I have been kicking butt when it comes to our lessons.
Right now we are doing:
Right now we typically do:
2 sessions of Little Reader
2 Sessions of Little Math
2 sessions of Little Chinese
2 Sessions of Little Musician
3 sessions of ABCmouse.com
1 session of Hooked On Phonics app
1-2 sessions of Preschool Prep app- Shapes
1-2 sessions of Preschool Prep app- Numbers
1-2 sessions of Preschool Prep app- Sight Words 1
2-3 sessions of Teach Me Toddler
We also spend a lot of time reading(Preschool Prep books, and Cokers ebooks, among others), counting, and just playing.
I feel like we are lacking on math.
I started Wes in EL later in the game (2ish) and I feel because Baby Z has been going strong since he was a newborn I might be missing a few things. Last week we started ABCmouse.com. I felt it best to work through a curriculum because he does need to learn the basics, we will just start it earlier than most. There are 36 lessons in the toddler program and we are on lesson 11 after less then a week of using it.
Here are a couple of videos of him doing his Preschool Prep apps
http://youtu.be/a_LSF4EuoeA
http://youtu.be/XSka5nvTi4Y
Basically I was wondering if anyone can make some suggestions on what I can add or change in my current routine. I’d love to hear your input

You could try some focused math on topic by topic. I would start with positional language as its useful for a toddler to know ( in on under through, beside…) then work through time ( morning, afternoon, evening, night, days of the week, months of the year, yesterday, today tomorrow down to o’clock) weights ( heavy light) temperature ( cold, warm, hot) then matching, patterns, word problems for addition and subtraction ( easy to add to every day situations if you are focused on it) and background music for skip counting and math facts.
That should last you a week lol

I love Manda’s idea. Hit hard with the math concepts especially spatial words. There are so many to learn.

Awesome suggestions Mandaplus3! I had actually added a under, over, beside, etc youtube video to our morning playlist. I need to make a 8x11 book with stuff like that. I’m also in the process of finding large enough printable flashcards for time.
This is my current morning playlist. I’m going to jump to it and make more flashcards.
Thank you!

I forgot sorting.
And BTW he is super cute reading his sight words. :biggrin: teachers love kids who know their sight words lol

Waterdreamer, many interesting things you do!!

I like the programme you show in your LO´s video. Your baby likes it and learns at the same time. Learning without fun, :blush: :frowning: . My LO is able to read about 50 words, I am thinking about the possibility to show her the 25 or 50 most common words. But first, I want she identifies typical sentences such as My name is… Please…

What do you think? First sight words, or fist typical structures to be identified?

Thanks Mandaplus3, I’ll add that to my list. And thank you :slight_smile:

nuria2012- I’d start with just words, then move in to couplets, then phrases and then sentences. At least thats what Glenn Doman recommends. So if your little one already knows some words, start combining them, like blue car, or happy baby. Its great your LO is learning all these words :slight_smile:

Nuria- Try couplets like “the dog” or “that pig” then phrases like “over there” “jump on me” or “some rhinoceros” that will cover sight words in a more interesting way.
Of course I do love the preschool prep apps for sight words :biggrin:

Waterdreamer and Mandabplus, thank you for your advices!!!

I had forgotten about the couplets… :unsure: :huh: :clown: I have to write them in my future pieces of cardboard. I have a set of cards with single words in the car. Nuria screams when she wants me to read them. I am trying to teach her to be a little more polite. :ph34r: Ha ha We hate her terrible shouts.
I am going to copy some couplets such as red car. She likes saying car, ha ha. And she identifies colours such as green and red. I will use the rest of colours and the words that she loves more at first: dog, ball…
The introduction of the definite article is good as well. Besides, I am going to introuduce in her weekly routine (weekly is also possible, isn´t it?) The car, the ball; demonstrative articles singular and plural.I have to say the examples of the Glenn Doman´s books.