How to handle GD Math Cards

I just got my GD math kit and I have not been able to figure out how to handle those huge cards! :frowning: I was very excited about getting them and I can’t really use them :mad: My daughter still looks at then very patiencely, but I don’t want her to get bored because I’m nto fast enough :blink: Any suggestions?

Practice, practice, practice! Hold them in front of you, set in one hand. You can set that hand in your lap so your hand has support. Or you can set the cards on your lap and hold one edge with one hand.

You use your thumb on the other hand to hold the last card (the backs are facing you). The rest of your fingers are on the front of the stack. This makes it easy to grip them and bring the back card to the front. You bring the back card to the front as you say whatever is on it. That way, you see what you are supposed to be saying from the back of the card, and you can quickly flip it to the front. I’m sorry if this is not clear. It is hard to explain without showing you.

nhockaday,

Thank you so much for your reply! I’m going to try that today. They just seem to stuck to each other and that is why I can flip them fast enough! :mad: I think Im just going to stand in front of the mirror and practice until I can get it right. I don’t want my daughter to get bored. :nowink:

I’ll let you know how it goes…

hi
i want to ask about the size of math cards concering the dots size do i make it small or large what is the size cuz i saw a video for a baby reading dots but from large cards! also the size of the number and should it be on the same side or on the back ?also do i have to show baby the number(12346 etc)or just the dots and tell him the number only sound?

joha do you speak arabic

Joha,

I totally feel your pain :slight_smile: because I felt the same way when I started doman dot cards.

I do exactly like what nhockaday says. Even then sometimes my card is shaking when I move it from back to the front very fast. So, sometimes my baby sees some number longer than 1 second. I think it is helpful to ask your husband or friend to sit next your baby and look at your cards while you are doing math sessions, so he can give you a feedback on how it looks from baby’s viewpoint.

ketty rain,

I’m sorry for my delay. I hadn’t seen your questions. The size of Doman’s cards are 11" X 11". The numbers go in the back in each corner, but they are more for your reference than for the baby’s because you don’t show that side to the baby. You show them the dots and say “This is …”. You are supposed to show the numerals later in the learning process.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Just wana check where to get the materials for GD maths kit? Any schools to attend? Coz actually now my daughter’s in the shicida class but I like to know more about the Glen Doman method…
Appreciate if some1 can help me out.

Shuhui

Hi Shuhui, your in malaaysia or singapore?
Since only this 2 places offer SM classess in SEA the othe ris taiwan and japan …

GD maths kit almost same as SM math kit … red dots red dots red dots … its juts the method beingtaughtis different …

nope no schools to attend its more of homeschooling type …

to know more about GD math you can search forum for GD maths discussions. There are tonnes of info on it … some give very good detailed explanations …

good luck

oh better still you can try LM, its quicker, easier, and more efficient …

Also can you share with us what’s it like in SM classess?? not many here have attended … and most of us wonder how’s it like … HK doesn’t have SM classess.

thx in advance …

Hi trinity papa,

Thanks so much for your info! I’m in S’pore. Actually I just started the class in April. Just went there for a few lessons only.

But so far, my daughter really enjoyed it as I can accompany her in the class.
They have a few activities in class and each takes about 3-5mins.

Before the class starts, the teacher will get the children to make an imaginery energy ball, and shower down on their own body, after which to clean off the negative energy.

Next, they will do the breathing exercise, which is to put the hand on the tummy and inhale deeply & then to exhale. Total 3 times. (this exercise is advised to do before our home practice everyday to help the child to relax).

Then the teacher will start the activities ranging from showing flash cards, eye training, reading using 3 different speed, photo memory (showing the children 4 items arranged on a board and after which they will have to arranged accordingly to what they see), ESP Games, language learning & etc. (The activities are not in sequence as I’ve forgotten which 1 comes 1st.) In between the games, the teacher will play a song & ask the children to stand up & dance around.

The activities are kept at a very short time and keeps on changing , thus the child will not feel bored w/ it.

But I think the classes differs w/ diff. age group.

Hope my explanation will help those who are not able to attend the classes to have a more clearer view of what’s happening in SM class.

Overall, it quite enjoyable for me & iz a great time for me to bond w/ my child. :smiley: