How to get a unique e-mail address for minors

How to get a free unique e-mail address option for minors! Cool trick. Essentially you use your own gmail account and add “+Name”. So if you are “johndoe@gmail.com”, your kid will be “johndoe+junior@gmail.com”. You can make a folder for your kid so they have their own spot, but you still have access to everything, and it will be recognized as a unique address on educational sites.

http://athomewithmommaskyla.blogspot.com/2013/06/tuesday-teaching-tidbit-unique-e-mail.html

Thank you Tamsyn! Nice tip! :smiley:

Nice tip, here I own the domain that is my last name so I created an account for my son that also forward every e-mail to me. This way, I have access to everything, but later when he get to control his account he will have everything there too.

I want my last name domain for family email. It has already been taken. I will think of something else.
I like the idea of James being able to be added to it.

I also think I might do this for a few things. For example I can add +bills.

Korrale4kq

You can try different domains instead of .com

In my case, I use .com.br, for Brazil. It’s much easier to find an available name than on .com, but it is still a hard work. I only got mine because I have it since 2003.

That is an idea.
For now I will stick with the email I have just because JJ doesn’t need one yet. :slight_smile: But t somepoint I will come up with an easy email. It is frustrating to have to spell it out to people.

Well, I have to spell anyway because my last name is Japanese… hard to understand for most people. lol

Honto? So desu ne…

ほんとそですね。

We use our own domain, too. If you can get your last name or other inexpensive domain that makes sense, it will usually come with a fixed number of email accounts in the price, so you (as the domain owner) can access all the email accounts. We like GoDaddy for that kind of stuff.

Korrale

Unfortunately I don’t speak Japanese :slight_smile:

TRex

I use Dreamhost. It’s expensive: $120/year but everything is unlimited. For me it is worthy as I have several websites hosted in one account.