How to direct sexuality in children

I am worried about that when it comes the time to explain it can you help me or give me any informatio please thanks

Are you referring to discussing reproduction with your child? Or are there also other topics in this area you are worried about discussing?

I always thought that parents never discussed reproduction with their children until the child hit puberty, but I remember reading a little excerpt from an article on the website nogreaterjoy.org that really changed my thinking on the matter. A lady asked when was the proper time to discuss reproduction with your child and their answer was:

It is not a subject that we ever attempted to keep secret. They learned about it at the same rate that they learned how a car works or about the sun and moon. We always had animals and were very forth-right about the mama dog being in heat and “Wish those boy dogs would go home.” Although, we always enjoyed a new batch of pups or kittens, and we tried to see the babies being born. I remember getting a book at the library and learning (with my children) that a female dog can carry pups from three different males at one time, so the pups can come out looking like poodles, hounds, and chows. We went looking in the library for this information because we had a litter of puppies that appeared to be from three different male dogs. When life is lived naturally, the natural part of life is understood naturally. Many people on our mailing list that have animals are smiling as they read this. They think the city-slickers are funny in making this an issue. As for how to, or when to, talk to a child who is raised in the city and has not observed animals, I don’t know; you figure it out and write me so I can pass on the info.

I don’t live with animals (at least not with animals that are reproducing) but I plan on exposing Hunter to these types of things from a young age, just as I am exposing him to things about art, history, science, and math. He already understands quite a bit of this. That’s just my take on it though, is there anything else specific that you were looking for?

Dr. Ruth Westheimer (sp?) has a book called Who Am I? Where Did I Come From? It’s appropriate for even very young children, and it explains very matter of factly the process of life. Believe it or not, it’s even a pop-up picture book (but not of the reproductive organs lol but rather a baby in the womb). It uses appropriate words (penis and vagina) and ends by saying that it’s important to not grow up too fast.

I really like this book and already read it to my two year old. It is, after all, as natural as identifying a hand or a foot.