How old was your child when you start using LR with her/him?

I just wonder if It will be effective for my son who is now 2.7 years old to use this program!
I read many forums in here and I found that most of the children is not 2 years old yet.
Please share your opinion and/or your experience. Thank you so much…
Jib
PS. My English is not so good pls try to understand :stuck_out_tongue:

I started using it with my daughter a couple of months before she turned two. She was reading by 2 1/2. I see no reason why it wouldn’t work for your child. He is still at an age where language learning comes very easily. I customized it for my daughter and put in a lot of family pictures and pictures of her favorite characters to create more interest. You may have to do this to grab the attention of a busy toddler.

My Grandbabes is 4 months old and we have been doing the LR program (reading and math) for approximately 2 weeks. I also ordered YBCR which should be here sometime next week. Also have been doing the TweedleWink Videos with him.

Hi Jib,
My DS was 19+ mo when I started the program (LR/LM/YBCR) and my DD 8+mo, this was 3 months ago. they still don’t show fantastic reading skills yet probably because it’s still too early to tell. But there’s a definite increase in vocabulary in DS and also he can read a few words, DD can also show actions to very few words.
I think you can still start now, the understanding and vocabulary for your son will definitely increase!!! Try the free trial to see how he likes it first, might give you an insight on what to expect.

When children start to learn reading here at age 7 (yes it is shockingly late) they use flashcards even then so Little Reader will work for most ages of children and starting at 2 years is definitely not too late. They do advise at that age to move more quickly to phrases and sentences than you would if the child was under a year of age but you can still use Little Reader to do this too. It is a very versatile programme and will benefit your child a lot. I started with my eldest at 8 months of age and have started with my youngest around 5 months but still use Little Reader now and again with my now 4 year old.

Hi All,
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate for your answer. It makes me more confident to use this program. I thought for my son 's age is a little bit late for this program compare with most of the other in here so that is why it makes me curious if there is someone here started a little bit late just like me.

Thanks again:-)

PS: what is YBCR?

YBCR is Your Baby Can Read DVD series ka khun Jib.

oh I see! thanks khun Aew for your infomation :slight_smile:

my kivii loves LR and LM alot.
i sarted while she was just 2 month

and my elder still loves LR AND LM too
i sarted them for her as they were newly released 3 years back

it is good to try to start earlier than 4 months

I have the same question as you!

and thanks JIb to invite me here.

as long as child shows the interest i dont think there is any harm for child.
since i can see both of them shows interest on LR and LM and other educational activity i do continue with the lessons

this is the brige to introduce learning and its the stage to make them feel learning as fun activity

my kids love learning new things and i can see the differences when comparing to their age