How much (and what) do you read to your child?

How much (in a day and/or in a sitting) do you read to your child? And how old is your child?

Were there phases of higher and lower interest?

What have been favorite books?

My son and I read together every night before bed for 30mins-1hour. He’s five
When he was younger we read a lot of Franklin, Bernstein Bears, Clifford, Etc. Now we read A LOT of easy readers like iseesam.com little books, Reading Eggs books, Headsprout books, Bob books, etc.

We read any number of books (library books and our own books - in both languages) throughout the day. When we are indoors the boys often bring books over to me and we read them together. Apart from that, we also have story time, where we sit down and read from the Oxford reading tree series, before heading outside to play in the afternoon.

HTH :slight_smile:

We read every day at least one session more if he asks. The amount of time depends entirely on what he wants to do.

We read anything from books with single words to encyclopedias. He always chooses the books from his bookshelf. We have been lucky my Aunty is a librarian and so anytime they’re getting rid of books she buys them up for him so he has a rather extensive range to go through.

Reading is an activity he chooses when he stops running. So basically it’s not something we sit down to do at high energy times and there have been weeks in the past where all he has wanted to do was practice a new emerging physical skill at these times his interest in reading (well in sitting still) has been lower.

We read books at night time before bed 2-5 and at rest time. I then allow her 15minutes before lights out to ‘read’ books herself.