How MindMaps Can Help Learn a Language

Dear All,

When reading through threads here about memory improvement, there was a mention of mind mapping. And it sparked a distinct memory of one of my e-teachers in India referencing Mind Maps by Tony Buzan, but I was unfamiliar with it. So, when I saw the video about it online - and how it can be applied to learning/teaching languages, I thought it may be useful here.

Please enjoy watching it in the Video Gallery under “How to Teach Your Child to Read” section.

• Ayesha

Interesting!! Thanks for sharing that, Ayesha! I never realized that mind maps could be used effectively for learning languages too.

Those are great! I too never realized that this technique can be used to learn languages but it makes perfect sense, sounds like a great technique!

Dear KL, DomanMom, & All,

Your welcome. Yeah - who knew? I will read the introductory e-book that Sebastian uploaded in order to understand the basic concepts and then figure out how to apply it to languages (for our family, Arabic is my husband’s native language and becoming my second):

www.guevara.com.ar/temp/Learning.Maps.and.Memory.Skill.zip

Too much to do and too little time!
Ayesha :wacko:

I’m resurrecting a very old thread here, but I just wanted to mention that for the past 5 years I’ve been working for a mind mapping software company as a product designer, product manager and now user researcher.

This technique can seriously help people be more effective at learning new information and also visualizing information.

I’m glad to see it can help with language too.

I wonder when is a good age to introduce tiny kids to them?

mom2ross