how many?

hi
how many word can i introduce (teach)my 2 years daughter in one day? some times i teach her up to5?1
also the more difficult the words the easier she memorize!!!
and i tried to teach her number 1 and2 but she didnt memorize why???

Hi Ketty
My baby is much younger (8 months), and I do not remove the cards one by one like Doman suggests (firstly because it just gets too confusing to figure out when I added the word, when to remove it, which word to replace it with…)
I do lots of 5 words, show them between ten and 15 times, and show her a new set of 5 words.
I’ve also read somewhere that longer/complicated/weird sounding words are popular with little ones.

Hi!

(Oh, hypatia posted while I was typing. :slight_smile: I’m going to go ahead and post what I’d typed anyway. :wink: )
From what I remember from the Doman book, he suggests doing words in sets of 5. You start with the first set of 5 the first day (showing the set 3 times a day for 5 days, then taking out one word and replacing it with a new one). You can then start adding more sets, up to 5 sets a day. That would be 25 words a day. He also suggests not doing them all in a row, but at least 30 min. apart (I think that was the timing).

I’m not sure why she didn’t show that she had learned the numbers.
:slight_smile:

thank you all
5 words aday is fair enough
but any idea to let her learn numbers she dont like

You can try to buy posters with characters holding the number or even just beside the number. Kids are interested on pictures or drawings. You can keep her attention with this.

Or you can also try to let her grab a pencil or pen to write then try to guide her to write the numbers you would want her to know. She will be happy to see what she had drawn making her remember the numbers more.

hi
thank you
i tried this she refuse !!! i tried also to bring blocks lego doll every thing and try to count but she refuse!!!

Hi there,
The best thing to buy is the faom mat for the floor because you can teach numbers up to 98 on your own and it is alot of fun. Your baby will love to take it out and you can tell her what she has in her hand.
I did this with the alphabets and it really works. she knew all her alphabets two and a half months .
Another thing is you can print number and objects to show. Make lesson plan and show it works also… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If you show her numbers 1, 2, 3 etc, it may be too abstract. Be sure to then show her a quantity to go with that number- have it be a quantity of something they are interseted in. Have you read Doman math? Or do you have LM? I’ve read that the older they are, the more boring they find flashcards of numbers. So you may need something more creative.

Angie