How many maximum in each set?

Forgive me for all the questions, I’m new to this and just starting out so i keep finding myself stumped at many steps!

We kinda started doing physical flashcards we were given first before I got Doman’s book to read. Somehow I read online that we’d be doing 15 words a day. I thought that was a bit much at lowered it to 10 and that was the number we start with in each set. I now know its supposed to be 5.

BUT, my daughter concentration span seems to be okay doing 10 cards per set. On the videos I’ve seen of babies reading flashcards exercises, they seem to be doing more than 5.

So, does anyone else do more than 5 cards per set? Would you recommend we keep it at 10 or should I be bringing it down to 5 as directed?

We do the following schedule:

7am 10 chinese words
730am 5 Encyclopedic knowledge (we started this AFTER I read the book)
8am 10 Baby Signing flashcards
4pm 10 chinese words
6pm 10 Baby Signing flashcards

If your baby is still attentive and happy at the end of 10 then do 10. If baby looses interest stop. The point to stop at is always just before your baby has had enough. It might start off at 5 and increase to 20 or more over time. 10 is a good place to be because it’s really hard work keeping up with making new cards when you go over 10!

Hi there,

Your program is ok, but true story, you can do more than 5 bits! 10 is great and if you have material, can even be 5 times 10 a day!
you’d be more successful though if you did 3 times a day each set!