how many flash cards a day should you show when you start

hi,
i am just starting this system. So I wanted to know how many flash cards per day to show and how many times.

HI, I AM TRYING TO TEACH MY BABY TO READ AND AM USING THE DOMAN METHOD WHICH SAYS THAT YOU SHOULD SHOW THE WORD MUMMY FIRST AND WHEN BABY KNOWS THAT MOVE ON TO DADDY AND THEN HAND, FOOT, KNEE ETC.

MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I TAUGHT MY BABY MUMMY, EVERY CARD AFTER THAT HE SAID MUMMY. SO WHEN HE SEES ANY CARD HE SAYS MUMMY.

HOW DO I FIX THIS? HE IS 19 MONTHS AND I HAVE BEEN SHOWING HIM VARIOUS WORDS BEFORE I TRIED THE DOMAN METHOD BUT HE COULDN’T TALK THEN.

Hello, Here’s my thoughts for the mother of the boy who calls all the cards “Mummy”. Make a few cards with pictures on one side and the words on th back side. Show him the PICTURE of the dog, then the picture of the Car, cat,whatever he liikes. Pretty soon he will stop calling them all Mummy. Next step, show the picture, and then turn the card over and show the word. Next step. take 4 cards-- One card shows the picture ot a dog. Another has the word D-O-G. Then have a picture of a CAR (or bird, whatever) and another card with the word C-A-R or
B-I-R-D.- And the last step would be to show him only the word. By this time, 3-4 weeks have gone by, and he has now forgotten that he used to call every card Mummy.
this is a stepby step approach. It might be helpful to teach him a few signs from baby sign language.
all the best, Granny Skippy

to /skippy, thank you for this I will give it a go

My baby is 11 months old. She started to utter the word “cat” a couple of weeks ago. aND now she keeps saying the word “duck” everytime she sees people n things. How do i make her say other words than “cat” and “duck”…

OK SINCE I LAST POSTED I HAVE HAD GREAT SUCCESS. OUR STORY SO FAR. I STARTED SHOWING MY BABY WORDS AT ABOUT 7 MONTHS USING MY BABY CAN READ CARDS, PICTURES, BOOKS AND VIDEOS. HE KEPT GRABBING THE CARDS AND BENDING THEM BUT I KEPT GOING BUT HE ONLY REALLY RECOGNISED TIGER, THEN I NOTICED HE MAY KNOW SOME OF THE WORDS IN THE BOOK BUT I DIDN’T KNOW WHERE TO GO FROM HERE BECAUSE NOTHING WAS HAPPENING, ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO I DECIDED TO TRY THE DOMAN METHOD AND JUST SHOW HIM ONE WORD AT THE START AND GRADUALLY AS HE KNEW THEM ADD NEW WORDS. THIS REALLY DID NOT WORK BECAUSE HE THOUGHT ALL THE WORDS WERE THE FIRST WORD MUMMY. SO AS ADVISED BY A MUM ON THIS SITE TO SHOW PICTURES WITH THE WORDS I WENT BACK TO THE ‘YOUR BABY CAN READ’ CARDS. HE IS NOW 20 MONTHS OLD AND I HAVE BEEN SHOWING HIM ABOUT 20 WORDS AND PICTURES AND AFTER ONE DAY HE KNEW A WORD, EVERY DAY SINCE HE KNOWS ANOTHER WORD, HE KNOWS ABOUT 12 NOW AND I SUSPECT MORE, FOR THE WORDS HE CAN’T SAY WE USE SIGN LANGUAGE LIKE BRRMM BRRM FOR CAR, OOH OOH FOR CHIMPANZEE, CLAPPING FOR CLAP, POINTING TO EYES FOR EYES ETC AND HE CAN SAY LOTS AND SAYING NEW WORDS EVERY DAY. FOR THE PERSON WHOSE BABY ISN’T SAYING THE WORDS HE MAY NOT BE READY TO SAY THE WORDS SO GIVE HIM A DIFFERENT OPTION IE A SOUND OR POINTING AT THE BODY PART ETC. HE WILL FIND THIS EASIER AND HE WILL ONLY IGNORE YOU IF YOU PERSIST ON TRYING TO MAKE HIM SAY THE WORD. GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON.