How long to see results?

I know that this must be very individual, but how long would you say you’ve used the program before noticing some results? Would it be unrealistic to expect something within a week? A month? I am sure that age matters too, my daughter is 19 months old now.
Thanks for the insights.
Liza

We can’t stress this enough, which is why we added this article to the Little Reader Start Guide in v2.0.

Results will depend on many, many factors - your baby’s age, your baby’s growth and development, how much fun you make your lessons to be, how excited you are able to make your baby feel about her lessons, how well you execute the lessons, how consistent, along with a ton of other variables.

A week may be too little for some children, for others who are older and more cognitively ready, a consistent week is all they’ll need. Yet for some, a week is a wondrous time for very young children who show response to the words, others show more response to the pictures.

I’m going to re-post the small article here, just so that none of you miss seeing it:

Your frame of mind

One of the most important things you must remember when teaching your child to read is this:

Always keep the lessons FUN and JOYFUL!

In doing so, this also means:

• Do not focus on achieving results
• Do not force your child if she is not keen to view the lessons.

Focusing on results tends to bring about negative emotions such as anxiety and disappointment, which will be picked up by your child. Similarly, forcing your child is counter-productive and would lead her to associate reading with something negative.

Instead, treat lesson time as a time for bonding with your child. The aim is to expose your child to reading and to have fun while doing so, thereby giving her a joyful and loving experience. Keeping a bonding-focused mindset will make you a much more effective teacher, and you are also likely to find that your child learning to read is a very pleasant side-effect.

Remember, this is not a race!

Any exposure to reading that you give to your child during the early years will already be very beneficial.

So just RELAX, and HAVE FUN!

thanks so much for the information. i have been showing my daughter words for a week and a half now. it is hard to know whether any of it is sinking in since most of the time we are fighting about the computer, where she just wants to click and touch things and since testing isn’t really allowed by doman, right? so, i guess i’ll just continue retiring and adding new words and see how we go from there.
liza