How I taught Saška to read with LR

I didn’t know how to name this topic but got inspired by Korrale4kq :slight_smile: thanks

I am very happy for us (and also for Brillkids team) because our reading journey was a big experiment :laugh:
We started to use LR when my daughter was 7-8 months old. Due to my studies I did not have the energy or time to personalise our LR. In my little spare time I had I was focusing on preparing lots of hands on activities, art, craft, filefolder games, swimming …and I just believed in LR so much even though there was a time when she was refusing to look at the screen. The only thing I did was that I customized the lessons to her interest leaving out some of the lessons for a short time. But that was a long time ago.

I knew that she could recognise words but she didn’t want to share that with me up until now.

So the good news is that LR works even without personalised lessons - it just might take longer to see the result. Our main goal was to teach her English (our second language) and we got the extra bonus of learning to read in second language as well :slight_smile:

The second video shows Saška teaching her doll reading. That is actually how I realised she was willing to show her reading abbilities. I showed flashcards to her doll and she read it for her.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCjBXBJgU4E

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_U6ixzdK0Y

That is the cutest thing ever! I love how she uses her doll’s hand to point under the words. She is delighted teaching her little doll. Thanks for the video! I will be sure the keep this idea for when my baby is older.

Great ideas, t hanks for sharing the vids!

Wow congrats and thank you for sharing your video. How old was Saska when she started showing you that she can read? So far my baby has showed me that she can sight read (if she wants to) the words baby, man and thigh but we have not progressed yet that much. Sigh

She is such a cutie. I love that she is teaching her doll to read. James has taught his hotwheels cars to read.