How good is Twiddlewinks?

Hi everyone,
I have seen Twiddlewinks mentioned here a couple of times so was curious about it. I saw on their site that they have kits as well as an online course? Which is better? What is taught in the online course? Thanks in advance!

In my opinion, Tweedlewink is a fabulous program for teaching state of the art knowledge on lots of topics. I’m personally impressed with the knowledge given. Its at a very high academic level-- college knowledge in some cases, Yet it’s rendered and distilled for the infant mind. The narrating voice is very soothing, and love is stressed as all important. It uses an electric flashcard method on DVD, which totally fits my lifestyle, as I’m computer-challenged. It takes my computer ten minutes just to power up–that doesn’t include time to pull up the programs I want, either. But I can turn on the TV much faster, flip the on switch on the DVD player load the DVD and PRESTO! School’s In!

They cover topics such as the rock cycle, and the nitrogen cycle, clearly above and beyond my wildest expectations for my child. I haven’t taken the Parent’s how-to course, yet, since that’s online. (That’s me.the computer challenged one.) My Son is four and I still try the Tweedlewink DVDs for the younger kids because the knowledge he gains is priceless even as his little window of opportunity is beginning to close (in his old age) In one vocabulary lesson on satellites they cover the many different styles of satellites and accurate pictures of all of them! Its a total brain-bonanza! There are so many different types of satellites… Who Knew? We’re almost through the whole 12 DVD course.—And it just gets better and better. I don’t want to spoil all the surprises for you.

That said, we got the Wink kit for the older children, too, and while there are written materials covering how to use it, the video how-to-course is online, so I’m reticent to start using the kit, although it’s probably just what I need right now for my son. I wistfully regret that the course for parents isn’t also available in DVD format. The wink course kit contains elements of CD, DVD, and manipulatives within it.

I love, love, love Tweedlewink. I hope my entry helps your decision. :wub: That’s just my own experience.

What about the online training for parents? Is that good? What does it cover?