How fast do you move through the sessions?

I have been using Little Reader and Little Math with my son for five days now and he is really enjoying it. I’m curious though about what others are doing with their special needs children. Do you go through it as it’s laid out, one session per day, or do you slow down the pace? Thanks for any input or advice.
Sandy

Hi Sandy!
It’s so happy to see your son enjoying LR. Well there is no rule as such you could show 1 session or more. I used to show my son more than 2 times a day. he loves to see action words and animals so I use to show that when he is in good mood. some times I show him what he like first and then he doesn’t like after that again what he likes. The more you show, the more and fast he know it. This keep him Happy :slight_smile:

We did not slow anything down for our dd. We use LR more for flashcards because our dd seems to learn faster that way, but go quite quickly like this:

http://downsyndromeupupupandaway.blogspot.com/2011/05/fast-flashing-method.html

I am thrilled to see that my dd has followed the same progression as is common with typical kids. I’m so glad that I didn’t slow it down.

I have been using the LR twice a day. Sometimes we take the time to act out the action words or talk about an animal sound but other that that I keep it going.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,
I have been meaning to reply to this for a while now - sorry to take so long!

It probably varies with each child (temperament, health, lifestyle etc) but I never bother to slow the pace for my son. My little guy has just turned 2yrs and he would do LR/LM for hours at a time if I let him! He will get down if he is finished, but often wants to do more during the day. I try to do it twice a day, but really we are more of a once a day (in the morning after breakfast) kind of household. He can learns signs with just one exposure, so I think he is fine with the pace as is. My four year old (typical development), has lost interest in LR/LM,so I am trying to do as much as I can before my two year old follows suit.

Good luck with it! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for the input. I think we’ll go for the typical pace. Sandy