How does Speed Reading in TW work?

Hi

I have TW videos and my son absolutely loves it. I didn’t get the concept of Speed Reading in those Tweedle Wink videos. Can someone explain what it is and how it is supposed to work.

I don’t have TW, but I saw their sample demo, and here’s my 2 cents:

I have the EyeQ speed reading program (for adults) and some of it’s exercises seem similar. The concentric circles that slowly get bigger are supposed to train the eye to absorb more information beyond a small focal point. Eye Q also has things moving side to side and up and down to train the 6 eye muscles to track quicker(literal eye muscle exercises). I’d imagine TW has the same thing.

Ouroboros1 - Yes, they do. Except it is not listed under speed reading. They have more eye exercises in the Wink program.

Arvi - I don’t know how that trains speed reading either but they also do it in Heguru for the babies class only but using a book and the mothers have to flip through the pages very quickly. Quite difficult if your baby sit still, though.

Hmm… I still dont fully understand how it works. May be I have to check some speed reading courses for adults to understand myself.

I’ve taken a number of speed reading classes, and the main obstacles adults encounter are:
1)subvocalization (reading in your head, hearing each word as your eys pass by it) This limits you since you can understand incoming information “bits” much more quickly than even the micro-machines guy can talk.
2) regression-returning and re-reading what you already have read. This is a bad habit that develops since we may have allowed ourself to not focus on material or are distracted. When done often enough it is an engrained habit that really slows information intake.
3)lack of absorption-human eyes can focus to a pinpoint, and when reading, we often focus on one word at a time. If you can train the eyes to take in a chunk, for example stopping on a section of 3-5 words rather than one you take in that much more information. Advanced readers can absorb information on the left hand of the page then right, stopping only twice per line. Some say you can take in two lines at once when you really get going, I haven’t made it to that speed yet!

I’m leery of claims like Photoreading that say you can absorb a whole page of info instantly, unless you really have a developed right brain and process the whole page holistically. If it is possible, I think it would have to be trained as a child and would be much harder as an adult.

The EyeQ exercercises are supposed to train your eyes to track better and not stop so often.