How do you use your educational DVDs?

I’ve got some for DD, we’ve completed YBCR. She seems to lose interest on sparkability and some of her elmo DVD. So I went to our library and got some new ones for her which she seem to enjoy. My question is, how do you use your DVDs like YBCR, TW, or sparkability or whatever. Do you let them watch it again after certain time? Or once the program is over, you replace with something new?

The only TV my son currently watches is baby signing time. He is 19 months old. I am a lame mum and he gets it as a treat after helping tidy his room in the evening before we read our books and go to bed. I have done the same DVD everyday for a month, and he has just started to pick up most of the signs. I plan to do another Baby Signing Time DVD next. My son has speech delays so these signs are a break through for us.

Once he has done the baby signing time DVDs I am going to start him on YBCR or preschool prep as a replacement once a day for a month in the evening. Or until he shows that he has picked up a lot of it.

I don’t know if it was timed right. I started YBCR when DD is 16 months old and wasn’t talking. (I thought she was delayed too.) But two weeks after watching YBCR, she started to use recognizable words. I can’t say for sure if the program did it but I can tell that it helped her a lot!

We have the Wink to Learn flashcards, which I play 2 sets a day, and as a treat I let him watch the whole 20min of Little Pim once a week or so. With Pim we rotate between three dvds, so that it doesn’t get too boring :). Occasionally we watch the you-tube Sparkabilities clip, but we’ve seen it a lot and I’m fed up :wub:

It’s worth to invest in Sparkablities DVD. It’s not that much and contains a lot more.

I would love to buy sparkabilities, but I don’t have a region 1 player :frowning: I’m in the UK :wink:

My son has had a fascination for the television and computer since he was old enough to turn his head and I use it to my advantage! I let him watch one reading DVD a day (We went through all of YBCR and are currently on Meet the Sight Words) and one other DVD (rotating between Your Child Can Discover, Baby Signing Time, and Trebellina). We tend to retire a disc after about 3-4 weeks, but since he still enjoys them I let him watch “retired” ones on the weekends instead of the current ones. I really want to try Wink to Learn with him to get more right brain time.

The Wink DVDs are fab :smiley:

We have Chinese and Japanese and he can’t get enough. I’m saving up for the Russian and potentially more languages later :wink: