How do you protect your flash cards?

I don’t know if this is the right section to post my question… To the moderators, feel free to move wherever it suits.

I have purchased LR + LM just recently and still my husband uses the trial version. Besides those softwares, I would love to show my 9 month old baby flash cards. The thing here is, I don’t want it all thorn out. As much effort I do in downloading the flashcards, I would want to protect them so it would last till the next baby. I thought of laminating it but hell here in Abu Dhabi, Laminating machines are expensive not to mention buying the pouches. Can you give me any idea how so I could preserve those stuff???

I use a laminator. I found one in the shops one day for $30 dollars and I buy my laminating pouches from office works and I use their Office works brand and i get 125 pouches for $20.

Or you could print them out and stick them to cardboard.

Have a look on ebay for laminators or you could ask here if anyone is selling them?

A laminator is a great investment. I use it to protect documents such as passport copies when i travel… I had a big poster map which i cut into A4 pieces, laminated each page and taped it back into the wall for my daughter to learn about the world without damaging it. You can also make your own memory card with it.

I laminate too. It is definitely worth the investment.
I would shop around and look at shops online. You should be able to find a decent price somewhere. It doesn’t have to be an expensive one either, just something that will get the job done.

My husband just bought me a laminator yesterday. So I am starting to laminate all of mine.

I saw an idea online last week somewhere where someone was using clear contact paper to protect thier cards.

If you don’t let your baby touch them and only you handle them you shouldn’t have any problems with making them last. I have been using some of the same flash cards for 8 years.

I found the article
http://www.ehow.com/how_5787074_make-own-teaching-supplies.html

I think I am too cheap to buy a laminator…are expensive!! I can’t afford them right now, but I will love having one.I really need one.
So far I am getting tired of using packaging tape, I been using it for a while…more than a year…I laminate every flashcard for my daughter…they turned out fine bUT i don’t like the process of lamination takes more time than doing it with lamitor machine.
Maybe I will buy a laminator machine sooner than I expect because …let me tell you I REALLY WANT ONE!!More than a want I will see NEED ONE. :biggrin:

PY,

There are unexpensive laminators that you can get at Walmart. I think they may be around US$30. You can find cheap lamination pouches on the internet. That is where I have gotten them before. This website offers buy two get one free www.laminator.com This is where I got them last time.

Hope this helps! :wink:

Thanks Joha,
I didn’t think walmart will have them, but I bought one today, I paid $28… pluss pounches $15(50 pounches). I already laminated some flashcards with the new laminating machine. I love it!!! It was really cheap, I am really excited. I will save time and work.
Thanks for the idea. :biggrin:

You are very welcome. It is funny becuase mine got damage so I had to buy one too this weekend. Same $28 with taxes. I just found another website for the pouches, they are a bit more expensive per box, but it is buy on get one free, so each box for 100 pouches ends up being like $10.5 plus shipping. The site is www.laminationking.com

awesome!! Thanks for the link Joha. I will DEFINETLY check it out.thanks again