How do add a thubnail preview to my uploads

Hello all,

My 3 uploads aren’t worth much, I’m just playing around a bit to see how things work, one jerk actually took the time to give me a 1/5 rating for my wheels math icons :tongue:

But I’ve got some nice ideas for LR files that I’ll do when I get time, but I want my upload to look pretty, how do I add a preview picture, or why doesn’t mine show?

Thanks, and sorry if this question has allready been answered, I’m new and couldn’t find an answer.

Hello Mamaof Will,
I have the same question in mind and I couldn’t find it on forum. Did you find out how to add a preview picture to your files? Can you please share if you did?

Thanks,

Hi MamaOfWill, I’m sorry we missed your question! Thanks to c0mtesse for bumping this topic too

Every file you export from LR automatically saves a thumbnail preview of your lesson inside the file, which should appear when you upload it to the forum library, so you won’t need to add a preview image manually.

However, there is a small bug in the forum library which prevents previews for files exported from LR v2 (and newer) versions from showing up correctly. This problem has been reported earlier, but we have yet to finally implement a solution for this, unfortunately :frowning:

Little Math icon set uploads wouldn’t have this problem, though.

Please rest assured that this particular issue is included in our to-do list, and we hope to fix this soon!

Thanks Kezia,

I recently added a file to LM icon set but when I checked, I don’t see a preview button beside it. Did I upload it correctly?
Thanks again.

Hi c0mtesse, I checked the file you uploaded and the thumbnail preview for it shows up just fine: http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=view;id=8935

Kindly note that there is no “preview” button for Little Math icon sets – the file’s preview is automatically displayed as soon as you visit an individual file’s info / download page, just like the link above.

You can check all the files you’ve previously uploaded by clicking on the “My Files” link inside the MY PROFILE box at the upper left part of the Forum page. Alternatively, go to Account > My Files > My Shared Uploaded Files.

I hope this helps!