how close does the baby sit to the screen?

Hi,
Im new to this and haven’t yet bought the little reader program, although I would like to. I have a pc to TV box so can, hopefully, use my TV with little reader. However, Im wondering how close to the screen should I sit with my baby (Im hopeing to start the program with her when she reaches 3 months- or should I wait until 4…???) as I do not know how far she will beable to see by then…

Hi Brittany,

You can actually start using Little Reader once your daughter is 3 months old (some parents even started earlier than this, but it’s really up to you). As far as distance from the TV/monitor is concerned, I’d like to clarify with you that the words are displayed in a size that’s big enough depending on the screen size and on how long a word/sentence is. With that said, you don’t have to sit too close to the screen – sit at a distance that you think is just right for your baby, where you’re sure she can see the entire screen within her eye level.

I’m sure many of the members here will have more tips too, so just try looking around the Forum or wait for their replies :slight_smile:

Thanks Kezia.

I still dont feel comfortable with just sitting infront of the TV screen at a distance that I think she might see from- I would probably be second guessing myself while running through the words…Im going to need a number in inches… Maybe I’ll try googleing how far 3 month old babies can see. Thanks so much for replying- I appreciate it!

Brittany