Hong Kong Mother of Two Boys

Hello everyone!

I am new here in the forums and I found this when I searched through Google for stuff on how to teach my baby to read. I am a mother of two little boys, the other one not so little anymore (Tyler) as he is turning 8 this coming October. I do have a little tyke as well (Carmelo) who is two and a half years old. I have been interested in teaching my little kids ever since I had Tyler, and though I had to give up my job as a Kindergarten teacher in Orange County to move here to HK, I am happy to have my full days to teach my children.

Since I came across the Your Baby Can Read videos, I have been looking for other ways to teach my little one because he is quickly becoming bored of the repetitive lessons. I have jsut downloaded the BrillKids program and I am excited to play around with it tomorrow.

That’s all for now! Have a great day everyone!

Sammy :pray:

Hi,

I’m another mother from Hong Kong! My baby boy is now 10-month-old. I have always been interested in early education and am reading lots of books about that ever since my son was born. Glad that I found this website so that I can learn more.

I do agree that the Little Reader is a terrific software in teaching babies to read. I plan to include it as part of the teaching of my baby.

Maybe I started ‘educating’ my son early (at 3-month-old), he gets very excited now whenever he sees words and can read simple words like ‘black’ and ‘brown’ and say around 10 words which start with ‘b’ and ‘d’. I’m so happy to see the result at this early stage. It gives me more incentive to work harder in teaching him.

Hi there Sammy and Louisa96!

Glad to see you both here, I hope everything goes well for you and if you ever have a question or an answer, don’t hesitate to shout.

Cheers,

Lawrence