Home Made Toys

I love this idea about the sandwich bag book. We get plenty of the sandwich bags around here. What a great idea to recycle. Check it out!
http://www.robynsnest.com/homemade.htm#Ziplock

thanks a lot, this came just when I needed it most. I’m looking into making little books with pictures to teach my children my native language, i saw a video once where you tried to explain making a board book, I know you explained it in detail, unfortunately I didn’t quite get it! I’ll watch the video again, or I might just don the sandwich bag book, it seems quite easy.

thanks for sharing.

Fun stuff, thanks!

Wow! That’s pretty cool! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

it’s perfect site for many activities with children (something for every age), thanks :slight_smile:
ed.

great website, thanks :slight_smile:

thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Great site Thank you!

Thanks!! Fun activities the kids can do from the youngest to the oldest :slight_smile:

that’s cool. great ideas for toys and activities. thanks for sharing!

I have been making up a bunch of felt playfood like these for my dd:
http://www.goodyblog.com/playing_house/2008/01/on-the-menu-fel.html

Those are so cool, Stacey. I never thought of making felt food.

thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

i have never tried sandwich bags i use a hole punch and some colorful pipe cleaners to make a spine of the book!

Here are some more ideas: http://somethingsewspecial.blogspot.com/2008/12/toys-games.html

Thanks staceycanada!
I love making my kids stuff. I use cookie cutters to for felt animals and so on, and if you make them out of a wash cloth that is 100% cotton you can even wash them and they will not hold bacteria. My son’s skin is so sentive that even felt can break him out. So I had to switch to a softer fabric.

This is awesome! Karma to you!

I hadn’t thought of using terry as the fabric. I love that idea. It would be great as little baby toys too.

I had thought of using wovens instead so that it was washable.

I weave my own fabric as well. I have various sizes of looms that I use. You can also use socks? I like the idea of using different fabrics but I prefer to use non-bacterial ones. Around here the staff infection is rampid so all of the doctor offices have done away with toys, and the daycares as well. So we came up with the idea of something that we can actually wash and that is approved for health and safety by the health dpt. Remember when making toys to use in the bedding area use cotton fiber-fil or cotton strips, the poly-fil will hold bacteria and can be very dangerous if swallowed. And some fabrics are highly flammable. If my child did accidently swallow cotton it wouldn’t bother me as bad as swallowing polyester? Polyester I believe is a man made material but cotton is not. I like using the non-bleached cotton yarn for my weaving. It holds up great in the washer.

stacey,

Did you create the pattern out of the picture? Or is there a place where they have the molds?

mother of faith,

Which fabric would you recommend for the food toys? What would you stuff it with?

Thank you to both! I had never seen these and I love them. I’m not very crafty and I would love to buy them, but they are kind of pricy. I have to become crafty :huh: I’m not sure how you do that lol