Home Education Monthly Theme Units

Are you interested in creating home education monthly theme units involving LR, LM or Power Point shows? With worksheets, activities, lesson plan or schedule, games, etc. Let’s pull all of the world in on this multi-cultural monthly theme units. What a great way to home school or as I say home educate. By home educate I mean everyone who teaches children, not those who just totaly stay home and home school.

If so then, I, motherofaith will be organizing this so please leave your response, and if you are interested in helping create curricula invovling the above then PM me or leave a response.

1.there has to be a power point show
2. a LR show file
3. a LM file (optional)
4.there has to be 1 worksheet game
5. there has to be 1 worksheet activity
6. there has to be a schedule or guide to follow
7. need to include other online sources as well
8. need to be for Toddler, PrK and K grade level (multi level)
9. an option is a lapbook activity pack file
10. an option is to create a book to go along with the content

Remember to vote please :yes: :biggrin: :smiley: :slight_smile:

Thank you very much motheroffaith, your input is very much appreciated. I am a working mom and am very much interested in monthly themes, that will help a lot. :slight_smile:

Great! Thank you for your reply. I will hopefully get more replies on here and start creating monthly content soon?

January Theme Ideas (that I am currently working on)
Polar Animals

More coming…
If you are interested in creating any content for the following days please let me know
New Year’s Day (Jan. 1) New Year’s Day
Last Day of Kwanzaa (Jan. 1) Kwanzaa
Braille Day, birthday of Louis Braille. Day of honoring the blind. (Jan. 4) Sight, Five Senses
Amelia Earhart Day (Jan. 11) Planes, Travel, Vacations, Transportation
Penguin Awareness Day January 14
Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday (Jan. 15)

• US Federal Holiday observed the third Monday in January – 1/19/04 Diversity, Freedom
    Arbor Day (Jan. 16) Trees, Plants
    Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.) (Jan. 18) Winnie The Pooh
    Chinese New Year (Varies) New Year’s Day
    Ice Cream Bar Day/Eskimo Pie Day (Jan. 24) Ice Cream

This info came from http://123child.com/act/jan.php and then another website http://www.everythingpreschool.com/holidays/h2007/jan.htm

It sounds great and I’d be totally into doing it myself but I have never been able to figure out how to upload files to LR, so I dont even try any more.

We can also do power point ppt files, doc files, and jpeg files. There will be an annoouncement soon on what files we can use and so on.

Check out the video that I just uploaded on the Penguin slider game.

Hi Mother of faith,
I am interested.

Hi there,

This does sound like a great idea.

My son is crazy about animals, planets and plants at momment.

We would also be looking for content that explains concepts or answers questions. I posted my wish list here.

http://forum.brillkids.com/collaborations/my-wish-list-of-download-files/

As I do things for my son I will add to downloads, but not sure if I’ll have the time to do a powerpoint.

I have noticed on other websites that there is like a template that you have to fill out in order to submit a lesson or unit. Perhaps this may help to keep the standard high and we’d all be familiar with what is expected. If there is one, it would be nice if it could be printed so that you can work on it and fill it in as you complete the lesson and then latter add your info to the form on line. Just a thought…

TABS

That’s a good idea for a template. I will work on it.

Hi Mother of Faith,
May I know what is the theme for Feb? I am ready to contribute.

such a wonderful idea
to put such stuff together to get a better quality.shall vooooooooooooooooote for it. lol

Hmmm…this sounds like something I might be able to do! Let me become a little more familiar with the LR and LM programs first and it should be no problem!

I’ll be interested in this.

pls tell me how to vote ?

We have a work in progress. I will let you know more there is an update to this.