"Hola" everybody!

Hi everybody. My name is Cristina. I have a 19-month old baby girl named Tatiana.

I’m pretty interested on teaching my baby how to read. In fact, a few weeks ago I prepared a binder for her with images and their names in both english and spanish. I’ve been showing the binder to her for a while and suddenly she started picking up some words (I don’t know if she just recognizes the image or what…) but she started pointing and saying “anana” for banana and “leus” for lettuce.

I’m pretty glad to meet you all. If there are any blilingual moms I’d appreciate their advice on how to teach babies two or more languages at the same time. I’d love her to learn mandarin chinese too!

Love,

Cristina

thanks for sharing. browse the forum so you could find lot more information that you would love to know.

here we have free downlodable flash cards and slideshows some with media. i think that would be helpful for you to teach your baby.
hope to see you on the forum

Hi Cristina! Welcome to the forum. It is exciting teaching our little ones to read, isn’t it. Sounds like you have a bright little girl. :slight_smile:

There were quite a few threads about teaching different langauges to babies. I would suggest using the “search” box on the top right and typing in “languages.”

Hope you find what you are looking for. And if you still have questions, the people here are really nice about answering. Feel free to ask away. :smiley:

Hi and welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. THen is right; we have several threads about teaching foreign languages. I suggest you look around the early learning boards. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15

Welcome - you have come to the right place! You are sure to receive some excellent advice - and please share your experiences along the way … :smiley:

Thanks for this warm welcome! you are awesome girls