Hi,

Hi,
My name I am mother of a 20 month old little girl. I am very interested in teaching her everything she can comprehend. I do believe that the duty of a parent is to help her/his child to reach the maximum of his/her potential.
I did try to teach my baby to read through "your baby can read"series but it did not work for us. She do not want to see the flash cards, if I do insist on it she will start to cry. I did decide that maybe it is not the way to teach her. I am a little dissapointed that the program did not work for us, but maybe I will find the “right way” to teach her. I hope I will find it before she is 6 lol .
I just want to say that I am so happy that I found this forum.

Hi! We are so glad you are here!

Here is a link to one of the threads that talked about teaching an uninterested 20 month old. (Maybe it’s a 20 month old thing to do. :laugh: ) : http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-to-read/how-to-teach-a-20-month-old/
Oh, and here is another one about an active 18 month old: http://forum.brillkids.com/general-discussion-b5/how-do-you-teach-an-active-18-month-old/

There were some good ideas. I also learned that my baby (now 17 month old) likes books once in a while. I made my own books with pictures of him and his brothers in it. I “laminated” the pages with contact paper, then used a sewing machine to put the pages together. He likes the books. I have the words on one page, then we have to turn the page to see the pictures. He’ll sit through the words to see the pictures. :wink:

It is encouraging to “meet” another mom who wants the best for her child. :smiley:

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Hi Cristina,

Welcome! Actually my kids did not like YBCR either for a long time and I was wondering if they were the only ones. My little one has recently pickup some interest but I don’t force it (we don’t show it everyday). There are so many ways of teaching kids. Look around the forum, you’ll find so many great ideas.

hi and welcome to the forum. we are glad to have you here. please feel free to browse the forum and share your ideas and experience with us.

hope to hear more from you soon

Hi and welcome to Brillkids :smiley:

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15