Hi there!

Hello, my name is Risca and I am a 37 year old SAHM to Divya, who is now 14 months old (1 year & 2 months). I just found this fabulous site and wondering whether it’s too late to teach my daughter??

Please advise

Risca

Hello and welcome. 14 months is not at all too late. I have a 15 month old and have found that she has become much more interested in learning in just the last few months as her attention span has developed. There are many great resources and lot of helpful people on this site.

I would recommend dowloading some PowerPoints and playing them for your daughter. When I started I played a PowerPoint with household items for her a couple times a day for about one week. I then printed out those words it big letters and pasted them around my house. To my delight my daughter walked around the house and read the words - after seeing them for just one week! That really encouraged me and showed me how receptive her little brain is.

Also, I highly recommend downloading the trial versions of Little Reader and Little Math. Also, show them to your daughter and see how receptive she is to them. Your Baby Can Read is also a good product, and somewhat less costly than Little Reader.

There are so many exciting things you can teach your child. Enjoy it all!