Hi there!

Hey everyone,

My name is Melinda, and I am a new SAHM! I have been home for 3 weeks now, after leaving a good job as a Registered Dietitian. But, Austin is a more important job now :smiley: Austin is almost 6 months old and he has seemed very smart from the start so I am excited to start some learning with him. Plus, he seems VERY bored with his baby toys, lol. Iā€™m looking forward to getting to know everyone! Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forums! Itā€™s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Hello Minda! :blush:

Welcome to our BrillKids Forums!

Be sure to browse through the different topics on early education here in the forums - and please feel free to participate in the discussions, too! We hope that you will share your parenting experience with us here, and I look forward to reading about your adventures while teaching your little one!

Weā€™re glad to have you!

Lappy :happy:

Hi Melinda!

Iā€™m glad you have joined the forum. I havenā€™t been here long, but have already found the people to be warm and helpful. I am glad you are getting to enjoy being a SAHM, and Iā€™m sure Austin is loving it, too. Getting to watch him grow and knowing you are a big part of helping him learn will be a great blessing to you. Iā€™ve been loving it for the last 12 years, too. :slight_smile:

Welcome Minda! Weā€™re happy to have you with us! How do you like being a SAHM? I am struggling to decide if this is something I can do as well. My heart is really tugging at me to be at home with my daughter and I think I would love to do soā€¦ but I know itā€™s a lot of hard work and that it will be tougher on us financially. May I ask how you decided to leave work to stay home? Did you always know this is what you wanted to do?

Dear ksomom,

Iā€™m not Melinda, but I hope you donā€™t mind me joining the conversation. :blush:
Iā€™ve been a SAHM for the last 12 years. And like you said, since we (my husband and I) decided Iā€™d be a SAHM, there are a lot of things that we do without. But my 6 boys (including my husband) and I are happy. No, my boys donā€™t get a lot of new stuff and donā€™t have the latest, but if you ask them if theyā€™d rather have stuff or have mom around, theyā€™d say, ā€œMom!ā€ My boys have actually thanked me a few times for being home with them and taking care of them. My oldest is already 12 and I think, ā€œI only have a few more years until heā€™ll be off on his own.ā€ There is so much I want him to know so that heā€™ll be ready. Not only that but time flies so fast. When I get old Iā€™ll know Iā€™ll look back and be glad I stayed home and did without, and enjoyed being with the boys. I know there are many who canā€™t stay at home, but if there is a choice, Iā€™d choose to spend time with your child/ren. Watching them do their ā€œfirstsā€ is so much fun. And getting to be the one to teachs them is great. Yes, there are definately days when I feel like I need a break, but in the long run, I like being a SAHM. No, actually, I love it. So, thatā€™s my biased opinion. lol