Hi new member here... anyone been doing "Your Baby Can Read" series?

Hi new member here… anyone been doing “Your Baby Can Read” series?

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome to the forum Stacey. We are doing YBCR- Vol1 now and my kid loves it. He knows most of the words in Starter and Vol 1. You can check the following threads for more info:

http://forum.brillkids.com/product-discussions-and-reviews/what-is-your-viewing-schedule-for-ybcr/
http://forum.brillkids.com/product-discussions-and-reviews/ybcr-list-of-words-by-volume/

Many members in the forum are using YBCR. Hopefully you can hear from them too. Feel free to ask any doubts regarding this.
Hope this helps,
anjie

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

p.s. there are many parents here who are doing YBCR. Just do a forum search for YBCR or Your Baby Can Read. You will see tons of threads where it is talked about.

I have the YBCR series and my son enjoys it. Most of the words he learned prior to me getting the series, but he will still watch it when it is on, especially if his older siblings are watching it too :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum and good luck!!

hi! welcome to the forum.i am glad to see you here.i found this forum very
interesting and informative.you can ask any question that you wish to know,
more about .all the members here are ready to help,and share your experiences
too. hope to hear more from you…

Hi, I’m a new member as well.

My daughter is almost 17 months old. I made my own Doman Cards and started flashing them to her at 1 year old. I’m not sure if she was bored of them, but I was, so I purchased the YBCR when she was 15 months old. If nothing else, it has re-energized both of us.

She has only watched the starter and Volume 1 DVD. She does watch some of the DVD, but she gets easily distracted. Nonetheless, I like the DVD because I then at least feel less guilty about her watching a few minutes of TV while I try to get food prepared or laundry done.

The books are really nice. It is like a Doman flash card, but it has a flap with a picture and more information. My daughter will look at the word and loves to lift the flaps. I was making Doman books, but these are much faster and more interactive for my daughter.

The sliding flash cards are also nice. Most of the cards are repeats of my Doman cards, but again, the sliding part makes it more interesting for her.

I am doing both Doman cards and YBCR right now. I am following Doman’s suggestion of not testing her, so it is tough to tell what she is learning. So far she hasn’t really indicated or ‘read’ anything. I hope this will make a difference in the long run.

Good luck.

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Ps I am also doing YBCR and my daughter and I are really enjoying it.