hi - introducing myself

Hi I am new to this forum and to teaching my daughter (21 month old) to read… My husband is Arab and I am Gujerati but not fluent in Gujerati. My parents speak to my daughter in Gujerati and English, my husband and his family speak to her in Arabic and I speak to her English with some in basic Arabic and Gujerati now and again!

So far she seems to understand all three languages - but as she is in nursery 2 days a week and then with an English speaking childminder for 3 days the English is more prevalent now that she is beginning to speak…

I read the Glenn Doman books a year ago but as I am full time working just never got round to following up with this…I have just signed up to the 14 day trial and am glad to hear that I can use different languages with this…So it looks like I will be buying this.

I was also looking at your baby can read and wondered if anyone had tried this as well - we were away from home on the weekend and didn’t have the laptop so i was thinking that flash cards would be useful too!

If anyone has any other tips on teaching more than one language and what has worked for them when using little Reader or other tools it would be appreciated…

Reshmi (Umm Amani (Mother of Amani))

HI and welcome to the forum.

we are glad you are here. feel free to browse the forum and share you ideas too.