Hi, I am new as well. Adopted 2 brothers, 19 months & 7 months

1. Hi there, I have recently adopted 2 boys. 19 months and 7 months (Brothers) All my friends were a bit surprised, as bpth my kids are big and studying. I did this type of thing whith them when they were little. Did not have all the help that is out here today, my son could read at age 3 and my daughter at 4.5. They could both write before going to school, and not just their names, I mean sentences. I couldn’t remember all the stuff I did with them , and would like to give these 2 boys the same opportunity.

My son plays piano and guitar, had 11 distinctions on o level and my daughter 9. She however plays 7 instruments and can reproduce any melody from hearing. They did however struggle to fit in with the regular crowds and schools. Initially it was hard on them to stand out from their peers, but as they grew older we learnd to handle the situations as the arose.

I don’t know if I want my new boys to go trough the same situation, but know what advantages their early development will have later in their lives? Any suggestions to make this easier for them?

Hi and welcome to the forums. It is great to have you here! Wow, what a wonderful thing you are doing by adopting those boys and giving them early learning opportunities! I bet you have your hands full, but it sounds like you have a lot of experience. I hope that you will find many tips and techniques for early learning from the other members of the forums, and I’m sure we can learn a lot from you too. Please look around, add to some discussions, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope to see you around. Good luck!
Nikki

Hi Nikki,
Txs for your comforting words, sometimes I think I was crazy, but when I look at them, I know I am blessed! They are the most beautifull little things, and they truly are good. I honestly have nothing to complain about, both sleep trough, they eat whatever I present and love playing outdoors. I will post pictures on the site this weekend. Gabriel is beautiful!!!

Thank you! I can’t wait to see your precious boys.