Hi hi

Hi all, I am new to the forum. I am from Australia and my baby R is 4.5 months. I started reading to her at 4 months. She is interested but I have limited books at home (hand-me-down from my sister’s kids). I Googled early learning and stumbled upon this website. Lots of information and I don’t know where to start. :smiley: I downloaded Little Reader trial and baby R seems to like it. My husband is not too supportive in terms of buying LR for baby R - he said LR is too expensive, we can try books or flashcards, and baby R will miss out her childhood from LR. :mad: I don’t agree after reading all the testimonials from this website. I hope to buy LR deluxe (and if can the bundle pack) as I can see baby R benefiting and learning lots in the future. I guess I have to wait … :frowning:

Hi

Welcome :slight_smile:

We have been using LR and LM since my daughter was nearly 6 months and LM since she was 7 months. She’s now nearly 11 months and absolutely loves them. So, would highly recommend.

You could also consider apps like Sparkabilities (available through iphone/ipad), flash cards available in various languages, visual stimulation app, tweedlewink dvds etc. I made a few flashcards at home in the beginning, but since I found the brillkids package, I found it easier to use and also can add my own content to customise or download files prepared by other members.

I am by no means an expert on EL, there’s lots of members on here with amazing kids, ideas and results. This forum is a great resource. There’s also a facebook group called Early Learning Parents Page which has numerous members from this forum.

Best of Luck

Welcome to the forum!

Hi BTBVEN, thanks for the tips. I’m going to get LR deluxe after reading so many good feedbacks. I will definitely look into the others recommended. I am going to take it slowly, one at a time otherwise I don’t know where to start. :slight_smile:

MarthaT, thanks for the welcome. This forum is really great and I am sure I will get lots of information! Hope to contribute one day as well. :slight_smile: