Hi from Georgia (USA)

Hi everyone!
So happy to be here!! Finally got to buy LM/LR yesterday and we are already having fun using this program with all 4 of our little ones! I’m a full-time SAHM now, but am also a veterinarian. DH is an airplane mechanic for a major airline. We homeschool, truly “from birth” and actually, before! We did some prenatal education with the oldest 2 - not so much with the younger two, due to overwhelming busyness!
When our oldest was a couple of months old, I really got inspired and did a lot of research… used Drs. Doman, Shichida, and Titzer’s methods and materials, along with Tweedlewink, other dvds, flashcards, books, and powerpoint programs…she was reading at 14 months. She is almost 6 now, and reads at almost my level. She is a speed reader and has, I think, a photographic memory. The next oldest was reading at 9 months and is perhaps a little stronger in math. We really dropped the ball with #3, sadly, although not completely!! When he was 6 months old, we had to move for DH’s job and I became pregnant with #4 - a difficult pregnancy. Even so, he still can read a little, and it was mainly for him that we bought these programs! We are thrilled so far, and the 9 month old loves this, too! The older children just enjoy “helping” the little ones learn and they like to do the actions - so cute!
I already have questions, but will hold off until I’ve poked around a bit more!
Looking forward to learning more,
lhdvm00

Welcome to the forum. You sound like you have done a great job with your kids. I am looking forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks - I sure hope you’re right! I worry that I’ve not done enough!!! And the challenge now is…what next!!! We struggle to find age-appropriate yet challenging reading material for them, and forget using a ready-made curriculum! Modify, modify, modify - that’s been my theme so far! Thanks for the encouragement, though. With 4 little ones, it’s easy to get tired and discouraged! :slight_smile: