Hi from Brazil

Hi my name is Marie and I have a 14 moths baby boy called Noah. I just found this program a week ago and so far Noah is loving the trail. He’s been wacthing Your Baby Can Read program since he was about 6 months old. And he can read more than 40 words now. I leave in Brazil and he is learning both english and portuguese at the same time. I am a stay-home-mom and I am searching for new early learning methods, activities and ideas all the time. But so far all I do is the YBCR and this now. He’s a very smart baby. He hows shapes, colors, can count to 10 and can speak everything even makes sentences. (Do know what is normal for his age since he’s my first child but mother in the street get surprised).
To all the mummys out that have been doing this longer than me and please send me ideas and things to work with!!!
Thank you !!!

Hi MarieLouise and welcome to BrillKids :slight_smile:
Noah is doing great and Congratulations to you for taking the time and effort to teach him. Since Noah is already counting to 10 have you started showing him how to add and subtract? I started out with Cayden by using big colorful soft blocks and would use the same equation 1+1=2 until he started to understand the concept and then we would move on 1+2=3 and so on. We have since worked our through addition and subtraction. Soon we will start the higher double digits.
Are you teaching Noah phonic sounds? This will help him bridge the gap from sight reading to reading phonetically. There are many videos available on YouTube.
I am so glad Noah is enjoying the BrillKids program. There are hundreds of files created by parents on the forum here you can import into your program. The best feature of all is that you can create your own personalized lessons.
You can use the search tab in the forum to search for activities you are interested in by keywords.
We look forward to hearing about your early learning experiences. :slight_smile: