Hi from Australia

Hi there,
I live in Adelaide in South Australia. I recently discovered Brill baby somehow when I was surfing on the net. I’ve only just signed up and think that it looks really good - after a quick peek around - but I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the information and I’m not sure where to start. I’m also wondering where I’ll fit this into my day. I have 3 children - Ethan is nearly 6, Caelan is nearly 4 and my beautiful Lexi is nearly 8 months old. I also work 2 days outside of the home too. I would love to use this program with both Caelan and Lexi, so any hints would be wonderful.

:slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

p.s. this may help http://www.brillbaby.com/teach-baby/survival-kit.php

Hi its great to see another from adelaide. :slight_smile: I too didnt know where to start when I first joined Brill Kids but the people in the forum are really helpful. If you have any questions check to see if there is a post about them or if not post your question in the relevant section and you will have plenty of answers from the knowledgeable people here at brill kids. You can also go to the australian board to talk to other people from australia where you can find out about things relevant here.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Hi from Victoria! One thing you’ll find is Australia is lacking in educational products compared to the US. So be prepared to search for things via ebay US, amazon and purchase sign language items from there also (there is almost nothing for teaching babies Auslan here. Best just to go with ASL and supplement with some Auslan on the side). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. thankfully there’s a lot of free stuff on the net (but mostly US again…cant even find much Auslan free charts).

welcome to the site !

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Hi, I am also new to this site and I think it is so good of everyone to offer so much info to all us parents looking to better educate our children. I am from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, but have lived in Mexico for the past 7 years. I am married to a Mexican and we have a 16 month old daughter who is very smart. I started her with the Your Baby Can Read program at 5 months and she is now reading more than 50 words. I am introducing more words each day to give her an even better vocab. I started her on the Teach your baby math program yesterday, so we will see how that goes. It seems to have amazing results with other families, so why not? In a few month I plan to start teaching the encyclopedic knowledge also. I haven´t got the Doman books, but would love to get them. Where I live is not such a great place to receive postage, so things seem to get lots in the post a lot. So I am relying on the info I get online and this site has made it so much easier for me… I hope you find it useful also and your kids will really enjoy it and thank you for it when they are older.
Take care, and enjoy life in Aus. I really miss it!

Hi from Brisbane! lol

I’m the resident software guy for BrillKids, so if you have any questions or suggestions regarding any of our products, don’t hesitate to drop me a PM. Feel free to join in on any of the discussions here, we’re all quite friendly and don’t bite (much! lol )

Cheers, and happy teaching!
shuki :slight_smile:

Hi daisyno2! Welcome to brillkids. Like you, I am a new member here as well. Theres so much information here that I don’t know where to start. I usually just read forums here. It is so great because you can share ideas with other members.

Hi daisyno2,

Aren’t you looking forward to all the changes and then we won’t feel so overwhelmed with what to do first or not to do…

TABS

Welcome, welcome, and welcome! We love new members. Don’t feel overwhelmed. Just looks around and ask any questions you may have. Everyone is so helpful and friendly here. Happy Reading!