Hi everyone !

Hi, my name is Galit and I’m a mother of 3 (11, 8, 1). I have just purcased the BK reader and math and can’t wait to continue using it with my 1 year old son!!
We have enjoyed very much doing the trial version and although English is a forigne language for us my son already “kicks”, “eats”, “points”, “waves”, “claps” in English!

I have some questions for you guys:

I know for sure that the narration of the words is what he knows because I had operated the mute botton while watching the words and he didn’t react as he usually does when he has the sound. Has anyone that uses the reader as EFL encountered the same situation?

I have spent the last hours (it’s the middle of the night and everybody is sleeping :slight_smile: ) trying to figure out how to create a carriculum in hebrew (our native language) in the LR program (in the math program it is much easier) . I got an explanation from Lappy how to traslate (which i suceeded doing) however although i created the categories some of the translated words sneaked into the lessons in English. Does anyone know how to avoide this? And is it possible to create a separate course in my native language?

Thanks in advance for all answers and hope to gain from the experience and knowledge of all of you BK veteran moms

I have not tried to incorporate an additional language into my Little Reader program I just wanted to bump this thread so someone with experience can answer your question.
Welcome to BrillKids! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum, Galit!

About your Little Reader question, can you kindly clarify if all your Hebrew translations replaced the ones from the English curriculum? If it only happened in a few words, please make sure that the “word file name” of your translated word is different from the English one. If you did your translation by editing the original English words, don’t forget to chose “Save As” in the Edit Word window so that Little Reader will save your work as a new word, without replacing the English one.

• In case you can’t find where the Word File Name is, simply open the Edit Word window for your translated word, then go to the “Others” tab.

After you’ve created your translated Categories, you may start playing them back for your child. If you’d like to create your own course using your translations (like the English course), what you’ll need to create are Playlists. Once you’ve created a Playlist you can add in individual words or entire Categories, and edit the playback settings as necessary.

For details on how to work on Playlists, and on the rest of Little Reader’s features, I highly recommend that you take a look at the Little Reader Manual by going to LR’s Support > Manual screen, or by following this link: http://support.brillkids.com/little-reader-manual.php

You may find more ideas on how others created their own lessons in the Little Reader board: http://forum.brillkids.com/little-reader/

If you need further help, or if you encountered any problems, do let us know by posting at the Little Reader Tech Support board: http://forum.brillkids.com/little-reader-bug-reports/

I hope this helps! :yes: